CoreElec N2 Stopped Working - Cannot Boot

If I go the eMMc route, that chews up another USB port. I have 2 hdds for movies and tv shows, a 3rd for pix and music.
Movie hds (2) + wifi + eMMc = 4 USB ports all used up, and no guarantee that eMMc module will be able to fit alongside the others, ports may be too close together.

Why ?
The emmc module is not connected to USB

I just wander why don’t you get some facts, and do some research before writing here nonsense after nonsense…
After all I read that you wrote, I wander why did you buy Odroid N2, a SBC (Single Board Computer) aimed at developers and experienced users.
In my opinion you, as an absolute newbie, should have bought a TV BOX not a developer tool.

emmc doesnt use USB - it has its own socket. You only use USB to program it on a PC, and even that is not absolutely necessary.
And you can connect up to a 100 HDD to the N2 if you need to, all you need to do is connect a powered USB HUB which can be had for a few Euro’s. USB is not a limitation of this board.

Shoog

Thankyou soooooo much. YAAFAH

And where is the eMMc socket on the CoreElec N2?
I only see 4-USB ports, hdim port, ethernet port and elec supply connection on back, and what looks like micro ?something on front.

I think he just wants to be kidding us, boredom at Pentecost

I have flagged your last message as inappropriate. You need to calm down and start listening. These people have tried to help you.

Flag away!!!
You too are soooooo helpful.
Thankyou sooooo much.

And yes Sholander is bored on and/or with Pentecost.
He wants to wonder while he “wanders” [sic]

Are you doubting the word of someone who owns and uses the N2 with emmc ?
If I say its there it most certainly is there FFS.

Shoog

Show me. My N2 looks just like the CE model in link I posted.
No one’s word is good any more.
Hasn’t been for decades.

You could be using Odroid N2 but not the CE N2 model which is different.

I understand you’re feeling frustrated or beyond. It shows in your posts. I even understand what you mean by you’re “running out of time”.

Foremost you seems overwhelmed with a combination of issues, all coinciding and colliding at one moment in time.

You are in a situation where pretty much the only thing that’s left to do is to start over again and reinstall everything from scratch. Yes, you lost everything that was on the box. Yes, you probably will have to reinstall everything. Agreed, it blows, big-time.

I acknowledge this is a crappy situation for you, especially since you invested a significant amount of money into something that seems a total waste of time and money. I certainly understand that.

I also would like you to understand that what I am doing is not just for you, but for everyone who might end up in a similar situation, be that because of a corrupted SD Card, or having to migrate to another box.

I ask myself questions such as: how can we turn this into something positive? What can we learn from this? In the future, how can this be avoided, and if not avoided, at least remedied with a minimum of effort? How can others benefit from this?

Those are the sort of things I focus on, because In the end, that is what benefits everyone, including me and you.

Attached are 2 walk-troughs on how to copy files and make backups in Kodi and CoreELEC. The Kodi one shows you where to un-hide hidden files. All the information you require to make a successful full system backup is contained in these files.

Thank you for understanding,

You’re welcome.

HOW TO Backup the entire Kodi System to USB Flash Drive - CoreELEC.pdf (4.0 MB)
HOW TO Copy remote files in Kodi using a USB Mouse and Flash Drive - CoreELEC.pdf (7.1 MB)

Now you are making wild and rather insulting speculations. There is one and only one N2 on the market and they all have emmc sockets. If you bothered to do a little research you would find it clearly labelled on the board and on HK’s advertising literature.

Starting to suspect your doing this for your own entertainment.

Shoog

It’s not the first time I’ve seen you drag out a simple topic into a lengthy back and forth discussion.
First of all, show some respect to people who are trying to help you, and have gone above and beyond what they should’ve.
No body here owes you anything, and if you don’t feel like putting in any sort of effort into getting your own problems resolved, and expect everybody to spoonfeed you, perhaps CoreELEC is not for you.

This will be your first and last warning in regards to your attitude in this community.

1 Like

Oh pleassssse!
OK so it’s item L -
https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-n2-with-4gbyte-ram/
But there’s no port for that on back of C2.
Does emmc plug directly in board?
That’s not what pix showed on product link you posted.
Do you not get that mortal humans are not mind readers of tech gurus?

Hi BOB here live from the I.S.S give me two minutes to get my N2 up and running and I will walk you through it

To clarify/confirm -
I select destination for music playlists on left side like this -
System (gear icon) > File Manager >
Add Source (L side) > Browse > Home folder > .kodi > media > userdata > playlists > music
Then I select my flash drive source of playlists the same way on right side
(name of flash/ext hd) > (name of playlist xml file)
Then what?
When I press OK, or left arrow to copy file to playlist > music folder, nothng happens.

Note: Kodi wiki indicates use of File Manager opposite to your instruct,
stating that original file (source) is on left, and on right is destination to which source file(s) will be copied.
Yet, there still is no instruct on what action to take (or button to push) to copy files from source to destination.
Clear? Concise? Comprehensive?

“The File Manager is a remote control friendly interface that uses an A-B panel system. For example, when copying files, Panel A (left panel) contains the original file and Panel B (right panel) will be the selected location the file is copied to.”
https://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager

FYI - those files are hidden on Mac.
I happened to notice when I trashed storage folder and emptied trash, message said emptying 400+ items.
So I switched to show hidden files and there are .cache, .config, and .kodi folders in the storage folder, and each of those with multiple folders containing files.
So now I guess I’ll switch to nightly builds to get rid of the external hd bottom usb port issue, and see what else I run into with this LTMFC.
You’re welcome.

This is more than strange since a none corrupted STORAGE partition has multiple folders and should not ever be EMPTY as you initially described.

Shoog