CoreELEC wants you!

Testers are always welcome. If you keep using our alpha (currently 8.90.x) you are already testing.

We really need supporters. As we grow we need people to answer questions and posts in our forum. It doesn’t matter if you are a pro or if you just know the basics in CoreELEC. Community is what we need where everyone helps each other.

Developers are always needed. Especially if you are interested in currently unsupported devices or projects. We are open to new hardware support.

And we need all kinds of people. From the basic idea in a feature request to graphic mock-ups for features or to create community policies, code of conduct, legal advice etc.

I guess everyone can bring something to the table.

5 Likes

Don’t bother… you don’t qualify :rofl:

MXQproject has some hardware to test, a Youtube channel and website to spread the word about CoreELEC - Let us no what we can do to help further this project.

1 Like

Happy to help with the testing. I’ve got two Minix U1 devices.
One connected to a DELL monitor and headphones
One connected to a Samsung 4k TV via a Onkyo NR626

More than happy to help with testing here. I got a couple of LePotato’s in active service and a KVIM i can revive for testing if required, undoubtably more on the way as my low power PC addiction seemingly knows no bounds. I know my way around Linux and have compiled my own builds of LibreELEC in the past to cherry pick some patches I wanted but not sure if my skills are up to scratch to contribute much in the way of fixes etc yet. Despite the fact I majored in programming I only did it professionally for a year (and it was .NET to boot) before becoming a sys/network admin and 10 years later these days I do little more programming than the occasional scripting and maintenance of my home server/media players. Am slowly working my way back and hope to one day be able to contribute more to the cause. Saying that, I know enough about how ~ELEC builds work and I’ve been using Kodi in various shapes since it was still Xbox Media Player so I think I can help out around here answering questions etc. Will try and drop in more and lend a hand.

2 Likes

I’m mine more than willing to help out. Most stuff I do now days is in python because of add-ons, but my C++ skills haven’t gotten that rusty…yet👍. If Xcode can handle it then I’m always down!

I would like to help and could test on a Wetek Play 2

Happy to test, I have a KII Pro and I use to build and flash images from master weekly.

Happy to be in and help with my RTV Box S10 (S912) :):man_technologist:

1 Like

I’m good to test, i have a Le Potato (S905X-CC).

Gents, I am also ready to test, I have MeCool KIII PRO (S912)

I am an embedded software engineer. I have several S905x and S912, I can help

Hi all,

are there any tutorials how to build CoreELEC from source for specific device.

I am interested in build for Khadas vim2 device (did built couple of custom ROMs for android devices but never *ELEC).

Edit: to answer my own question -> libreELEC compile preparations first then DEVICE=KVIM2 make image :smiley:

Best regards,
S.

Just an fyi but the proper way to refer to LibreELEC/CoreELEC/OpenELEC is to use JeOS which stands for ‘Just enough OS’.

The JeOS concept was originally created by sraue of OE and has been used by various *ELEC distributions as you put :slight_smile:.

As for instructions, you can look here, just replace references to LibreELEC with CoreELEC and use DEVICE=KVIM2 make image as you have already learned.

So how can I help?

Built and tested commit 855c3407753115ba8e913
All addons except network-tools and game.yuabase failed to compile

Hello Team!

While compiling my first LibreElec, I found you! I have multiple SBC’s along with my NAS, an XU4 NGIXX web server running openHAB, and last but not least an AMD64 Ubuntu server running bionic. Let me know what I can do to assist.

Jay

Not sure if I can be of much help, but I am certainly more than willing to try.

I have been working with building, fixing etc PCs for over 20 years, I consider myself knowledgeable and competent although I am new to *unix. Been around since MSDOS 2.2 if I recall correctly.

SrZ

I am ready to test

I have a Wetek Play 2

Thank you all. Testers please move over to:

and

Developers can head over to our Github page:

Checkout a branch that fits you or several. If you make some changes you can send us a PR.