Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Up to now I have tested a dozen films (each for about 10 minutes) and no problem yet. Tested also resume and chapters and no problem. Will test more films (I have near 200 P7 Fel) and if something goes wrong, I will report.

1 Like

Some profile 7 content is MEL, not FEL. This requires us to restart the decoder in a different mode.
I have noticed that sometimes it would play with purple colors, stopping and starting playback will often fix this.

tested a lot fel,about 1/3 purple,from start to the end,stopping then start still like this

I have tested almost 50 P7 Fel and 10 P7 Mel and none of them had colour or stuttering problems. I have installed CE on the Ugoos emmc and it works flawlessly. Thank you Devs.

1 Like

strangely, how did you connect am6b+ to tv or avr,how settings in ce?

19 posts were split to a new topic: Dolby Vision Implementation Discussion

Am6b+ is connected directly to TV and CE settings are default and in video setting Dolby Vision mode is Lossless.

wow,first time to konw its fake…thx

do you use player-led or tv-led?

I use Tv-led

Wow,awsome,but I still don’t konw what’s wrong in my box or tv

Will this also be possible on ne builds in the future?

I found a bug, those remuxs movies purple, the codecinfo is 12bit RGB, the correct may 8bit RGB!
and i found,playing hdr10 movies,it’ll be 12bit yuv 444,not 10bit, yuv 420

Tested my AM6b+ with 20.3 and it is working with DV including proper FEL mkv playback (lossless). I did get some black screens while skipping chapters with some movies.
I have always used TV-led and never seen any problems with colours or brightness. I tried out player-led in CE settings and there wasn’t a huge difference but I prefer the look of TV-led.
Very impressive thank you guys.

This is extremely exciting.

Sorry for the ignorance, but is it possible to run Plex on CE? I’m guessing it’s possible through a Kodi build, but will that still work with the latest updates on P7 FEL?

Ah this might be the solution to my problem above , so have to disable passthrough using tv speakers only? :thinking:

Audio is not working on my minix u22 max connected to lg c6, movie is 1917 dolby atmos 7.1

as far as I know, some lg tv can’t use earc passtrough dts sound to avr or soundbar

I have made some comparison between Sony X800m2 BD player and Ugoos am6b+ both in Tv-led and playing the same videos. My TV is a Panasonic Oled LZ1500 55". For me it is hard to see the differences if any. On Ugoos I prefer CE build to Monsoon in android. To make comparisons the movies must be in TS container because Sony x800m2 does not process Dolby Vision in Mkv container

2 Likes

Should I get am6 plus, I found one for cheap. Any difference between this and am6b other than wifi? (which I won’t be using.)

Edit: Want it specifically for ST-FEL DV files.

Could be a good idea if cheap enough. I think the main difference is core speeds. Early days yet with CE and FEL, I haven’t even watched a whole movie yet but looks good.
What’s ST- ?