Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Guys from my chat in telegram tested a lot of movies, definitely the problem is on all videos with FEL in BDMV container, if the movie is played as DV.

And also found a rare bug, the movie Fast & Furious 6 2 in 1 version licensed, theatrical and extended on one disc.
When switching to moments from the extended version is jerking on the image, after the end of the extended episode further plays video normally, until the next episode, video in HDR, not in DV.
As I understand, this is a problem with seamless video playback, when the movie consists of a large number of different m2ts files

There’s a lot of info in the Guide thread: [Guide] Ugoos AM6b+ CoreELEC installation (See #9 in the FAQ. There’s more info in the thread, but that’s the starting point for the easiest way. You want to set it up to dual boot by SSHing in and using the cemmc tool referenced there)

The first issue seems to persist when the framerate set in CoreElec does not match the framerate in the content.
Eg: if I have a movie in 4K 23.88 fps and my device framerate is 1080p 60fps it does not resume playback.However if my device framerate is set to match the movie there is no problem

Can someone verify this with FEL content.In my case this was tested with SELEZEN release of top gun maverick by a non tech savvy friend.

The problem is also there when the video frequency and the display frequency are the same, i.e. when AFR is running.

Could you please make logs for the issues you’ve had when you have time if you have the files displaying the issues

I created a log with debug logging on and also video component logging.

I played my rip of The Wolf of Wallstreet in “play main movie” mode, so no Java menus or anything.

I started the movie and skipped to the next chapter → Audio out of sync and video has stutters.

Then I jumped back 1 minute → Still the same issue with audio and video.

Link to log file (paste sites did not work because log file is about 32 MB):

@Portisch Not sure if you can see anything useful, but if you have time, please take a look.

Tomorrow we’ll do a test with logging

2 Likes

Kodi or Coreelec just can’t keep the audio in sync with my tv and soundbar setup when I have refresh rate change on. (Q990c and Philips 808, before I had q800t and x900e and it was the same.)

Every pause or seek event creates a different picture/audio sync issue. It’s never the same, either late, in sync or early.

I discovered that I can see audio latency difference with ctrl-shift-O. Bottom left changes with every pause or seek attempt and I found it generally late after a seek.

I have disabled all the refresh rates below 60hz and my audio seems to be always in sync. Even after a pause. Probably because TVs have much lower latency in higher refresh rates and audio sync is not a big issue anymore.

CE shows 0.166 Ms for 24hz and just 0.66 Ms in 60hz. I assume this is picture latency.

My tv is pretty good with motion so I don’t have judder issue in 60hz anyway. I fought with this issue for months. I’m not particularly sensitive, I have a hard time telling if the audio is late or early. It was the inconsistentcy that drove me insane.

1 Like

where can i find a clear view of patchnotes of the nightly builds?

The changelog at the bottom of the Nightly page is the best I’ve found. Not super clear most of the time if you aren’t able to read or understand the code changes, but its the closest I’ve found to patchnotes. CoreELEC nightly builds

Those are not useful most of the time. There are other repositories like for kernel and Kodi and changes made at those don’t show up in the changelog, like most changes made for dv.

Yes, I have the same issue with audio sync. I think we need better BDMV menu support as well and soon!

there is a general issue with audio-sync. i have it on all my files. i need to use audio-sync which is annoying. i don’t have to do this on my vero 4k+ kodi box.

I confirm that I have the same issue on DV BDMV/ISO playback. Out-of sync audio everytime. Totally fine with non-DV BDMV/ISOs

I think few people are using this cool functionnality. It would need better support for BD menus as Android Kodi can have with GitHub - fandangos/JRE-Kodi-Android: JRE Addon for Kodi (Android)

thanks for those providing log files :slight_smile: and thank you CE team for DV support in BDDMV/ISOs ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I would love to get much better BD Menus support. I’d say its about 20% right now but needs to be much much higher.

And yea, on BDMV folders, the audio is out of sync regardless so i just gave up on that idea of full menu’s full folders for now. Hopefully, its fixed/updated soon though.

Its great that the team is working on making Dolby Vision better on CE but I think the BDMV menu support needs a lot more attention at this point as its severly lacking.

I think there is an add-on in the CoreElec repository, “JRE for BD-J” menus.

Does that help you guys out?

Not all BDMV DV rips have audio sync issues.

For example, my BDMV rips of the Lord of the Ring and Indiana Jones collections play without issue and they are definitely FEL releases.

1 Like

What is this?

1 Like

i have audio syncs issues with mkv, ts, mp4, bdmv, iso no matter what.

I mean what do you use? I don’t recall an audio sync setting.