Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Hi all

Updated to the latest nightly last Sunday and tried this source and now it works as its been fixed and works and plays right on a 1080 tv with the right contrast as it did not previously.

ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, Profile 5.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU, no metadata compression / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version HDR10+ Profile B, HDR10+ Profile B compatible
Codec ID : dvh1
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)

I do Have another that is way to dark and wanted to see what you think as this is another remux that is 4k but plays way to dark on a 1080p tv, i have tried the HDR to SDR option but nothing changes.

movie info

Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, Profile 8.1, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, no metadata compression, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, Version HDR10, HDR10 compatible
Codec ID : V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(PixelFrame) :* 0.312
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : BT.2020
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

can this be fixed as the profile 5 works but profile 8.1 does not

also noticed these do not play in sync but do on a pc using kodi but not on coreElec as the audio sync is way out with the video, tried converting to mkv but still the same but plays ok on kodi PC

the only thing i can see is the fps is 59fps which is a strange frame rate which maybe causing problems.

Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Constrained Baseline@L5.2
Format settings : 3 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 23 min 18 s
Bit rate : 16.0 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 59.000 FPS
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(PixelFrame) :* 0.033
Stream size : 2.60 GiB (99%)
Writing library : x264 core 155 r2901 7d0ff22
Encoding settings : cabac=0 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=36 / lookahead_threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=0 / weightp=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=abr / mbtree=1 / bitrate=16000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language : English
Codec configuration box : avcC

thanks

how is people here using this box? how do you watch movies? via streaming (composite) or directly from an usb hdd?

From USB hdd

Stream from a nas.

Separate 300Tb Plex server/NAS feeding the box. Using the PM4K add-on as the Plex app on the Ugoos. Runs like butter with CE on emmc and HS400 enabled.

Have a remux of almost every 4K film; as close as we can get to Kaledeiscape for a fraction of the cost. Better even since there is no DV on Kaledeiscape.

Just from my own nas, use central MySQLMariadb server. NFS share.

Could be an interesting topic for a poll - just found out about that option - so trying it out!

How do you connect to your content (allows up to two choices):

• USB direct
  • SMB
  • NFS
  • WebDAV
  • Plex
  • Emby
  • Jellyfin
  • Other
0 voters

Is DT-DL now supported over MKV with the newest nightly?

I got already Corelec in the Micro Sd card and can acess with out any problem, just trying to istall it in Ugoos so I can remove the sd card and access directly.

Is there a tutorial for that? I thought the only way to install dual boot in the Ugoos was either by SSH or with a special cable.

Can I do your step 3 with a regular usb cable?
Thanks for the help!

I have only seen a couple of references and nothing concrete so I wanted to ask, is the Minix U22X-J non max version supported for full DV playback the same as the Max version?

yes, you need special OTG cable USB-a to USB-a

The best and easiest way to do it is over SSH.

1 Like

Yes, DT-DL is now supported for properly formatted MKV’s.

1 Like

Yes it is.

Brilliant, thanks for the reply I appreciate it.

If you have an opportunity, please check DV playback from ISO and BDMV in which video has FEL layer. start the movie and try to rewind for 1-3 or 5 minutes or press a couple of times to switch chapters and check if there is audio out-of-sync. I have many people complain to me that there is a problem, but for some reason no one has written about it here in the thread except me. Or nobody watches DV from BDMV and doesn’t use rewind or chapter switching.

1 Like

I think I wrote some time ago that I tested with my rip of the movie The Wolf of Wallstreet and confirmed the issues you described.

But I suppose the developers are expecting log files, otherwise it’s hard for them to diagnose. Do you have time to create some logs? If not, I will try creating some tonight.

yes, i’ve test this once and i had this problem too. i hope for a fix.

The out of sync audio issue has always plagued Kodi from my understanding and requires a rewind to fix it.I think there were few who implemented a rewind after forwarding automatically to overcome this.

However there are a few issues I’ve noticed in the past with certain DV BDMV/ISO/M2TS files which I’m not sure if they have been fixed as I initially assumed I was the only one who faced such issues and have reset the box and remuxed my library.

1)There was an issue with resuming playback from the middle however I could play the media from first.
2)Stutters
3)Skipping chapters sometimes reset playback to the beginning

Since I have reset and remixed my library I couldn’t produce logs which the developers would need to fix these issues.However if there was someone who faced the issue and can generate logs it would benefit the whole community as its only with logs the developers can fix the issues.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:debuglogs

The above link should guide you as to how to generate logs for the same.If someone doesn’t beat me to it I’ll try to download some movies and see if can reproduce the issues and generate them as well.

1 Like