Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Not on my 4 Ugoos AM6B+ devices, but yours seems definitely off…

Well, I’ve tested tons of devices in the past years and I’m very familiar with all this HDR stuff. I’ve looked at all the CE/ugoos settings and I really don’t see anything off so idk.

So you did try the black pattern test file I linked and its not raised on yours?

It sure looks like limited vs full range issue on my end.

Did not, as I’m on vacation without an HDR10 capable display (LG Oled TV)

Noticing audio being out of synch as well with 7/27 update, but a quick skip back or forward re-synchs it.

how do i remove my external usb hdd safely with a LG magic remote? which button exactly?

1 thing I’ve noticed (which is probably not unique to this device) is that when I power on my TV which in turns powers on my amp and box etc. via CEC, I am missing the option in the gui to check if dolby vision (and tv led) is available and enabled.

It’s clearly a timing issue as rebooting the ugoos makes the option then appear as expected so I presume at some point during boot it’s attempting to query something about the display?

Yes, edid is being checked. One work around is to connect directly to display since edid is always active.

I have everything going via my Sony amp so not sure if there’s a way to delay the detection? Or force a redetect once booted up?

I tried your black pattern test file on both my Shield 2019 Pro and the AM6B+.

To be honest, I don’t see any differences.

Not sure what the correct output should be, but for both devices the 0.005 nits square is still barely visible and the 0.0005 nits square is no longer visible.

The flashing bars stop being visible somewhere between 72 and 73 in both rows.

My TV is a Philips 48OLED808. Both devices are connected to a Denon X2800H receiver.

I’ve had powered off my ugoos with cable off. But CE doesntl’t start anymore over usb? I’m getting the ugoos android menu.

How can i boot from usb again? If i toothpick than i get an new installation i think?

Reboot to CoreELEC 5.0 or Reboot to LibreELEC 1.1 apps

i got my current CE with toothpick.

Ok the raised black in HDR10 only on my ugoos is still a mystery but someone sent me an old CE-21 build that fixed the lossless audio sync issues I was having with the latest builds.

Have you tried cpm’s latest build here:

There was updates made to fix a bug in Kodi’s HDR10 detection.

1 Like

I just did and it didn’t make any difference :frowning_face:
This build though, doesn’t have the audio sync issue I was having, so that’s good but the first two DV movies I tried reported 12bit-RGB and then I couldn’t reproduce it for the next 10 movies I tried (they showed 8bit-RGB).

that’s interesting, I thought his latest build would also have the sync issue as he seems to have rebased them on the latest changes (T3 build from yesterday)…

Perhaps it was just a bug in 07-27 and I got unlucky in my timing to update after months of stability.

Do you know which nightly build is the best / most stable / least bugs?

I am using am6b+ myself (set up just recently) and have auto update turned on, and been getting almost nightly updates.
How can I downgrade version?

I did notice that audio is a bit out of sync too. I thought it was an issue between my am6b+ → LG G3 tv ↔ samsung Q990B soundbar (via eARC)
From the LG setting, I went to Match Audio and Video , and set HDMI Audio Delay to 7 and seem sync now, but still dont like the fact that I had to do this.

Also, I set my GUI resolution to 4k. My understanding is that this will make the am6b+ to upscale everything, not the TV?
I heard am6b+ upscaling is better than tv upscaling, is that correct?

The version I posted here is working well for me. You just put the tar file into your ugoos/coreelec ‘‘update’’ folder and reboot the device.

1 Like

Do you mean this CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.1-Omega_nightly_20240522.tar?

Do suggest closing auto-update?

thank you.