Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

They both perform the same mostly. The minix has an unlocked bootloader and allows you to inject the CEC fix blob. You might also prefer the added USB 3 ports on the minix.

Saying all that, where did you find the minix for sale?

1 Like

Don’t get the s928x hoping and waiting for CE support. Nobody knows if or when we’ll see the mali module that has been holding up development on that SOC. And even then, it’s not known if DV FEL will be made to work on the s928x.

The reason it works on the s922x and not the s905x4 is more likely due to the kernel difference, than anything to do with the hardware.

1 Like

What about Amlogic S905x3?

I ask because this SOC is on the Chromecast with GTV 4K, and that streaming dongle is capable of DV FEL playback. Some sync bugs, but it can play MKV FEL out of the box with Android 12.

If CE can run on that, it maybe another FEL capable device.

FEL probably works on any g12a/b/sm1 devices that are DV licensed and can boot CE. Most of them can’t boot CE natively because of AVB.

1 Like

yes I have this with my Sony A95K. Will check the settings later and see if I can get it right.

This has been the case for a long time, so it’s normal.

Yep, that “problem” has existed for a long long time.

@cpm @quietvoid
Wouldn’t this code help to solve the on-the-fly DTDL->STDL conversion?
[link]

Source: [link]

If I do this, 1080p content plays in 2160p mode. I believe this causes the content to be upscaled by the box instead of the TV?

Thanks for the info. Have tried and it is ok. The autostart.sh script is still necessary.

Yep the two parameters bt2020 and no colorimetry default to false to keep the original behaviour (at this time) and are there so can override that behaviour.

That setting becomes available when you set screensaver mode to black.

1 Like

Oh ok. thanks. Didn’t try that one because I wouldn’t want to think my TV was off when in fact it’s just the screensaver lol

1 Like

buy minix if you can find it.

Ime if that happens it easier to just stop the movie and resume once the Kodi interface settles down…

@ari2asem buy the minix if it’s a reasonable price. For reference you can get the Ugoos box on AliExpress readily for around $150. Iirc some sellers were asking exorbitant prices for the Minix boxes…

Why, when Ugoose Am6b Plus has WiFi 6 ?

@sholander It has an unlocked bootloader so you can change the bl301. Which means you aren’t stuck with the included remote, mainly to turn the device on from either fully powered off or even suspend.

Yeah that’s why I set mine to 1920x1080 @ 60hz. Alot of his settings are in many ways, personal preference.:wink:

1 Like

Pls can you better explain this:
“and are there so can override that behaviour.”

Thank you

My Ugoos still wakes up without bl301 somehow. TV doesn’t show any CEC info but switching to HDMI is enough. Takes about 10 seconds.