Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Sorry to reask this question, can someone confirm if Plex will work on these two devices with P7 FEL?

Why don’t you try and report back?
As long as you set Plex to lossless, I guess that it should work.

Hello. I have a strange problem.
I have Ugoos AB6Bplus with latest dualboot firmware. For testing I was burn microSD card with CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng-dv.arm-20.3-Nexus-Generic.img.gz and boot via pressing button on the device.
So, DV files is starting, I see a “Dolby vision” logo activated on LG OLED C1, but I see only 1/5 of the picture as is supposed to be. Other 4/5 is black and flickering sometimes.
Other videos (SDR/HDR) are playing just fine.
I’m alone with this behaviour?
Thanks!

I have an LG C1 and I have not seen behavior like that, but I have a Minix U22X-J.

I’ve got the same box and a G1 and the Ugoos 0.5.4 firmware without dualboot. Maybe you could try the basic 0.5.4 or a clean install of CE or both.

Successfully tested PlexMod4Kodi with DV on a AM6b+ with 0.5.4 firmware and the latest 20.3-ng-dv release.

Appears to work fantastic. P7 FEL films were playing smoothly and appropriately triggering dolby vision on the TV.

This is the endgame player for Plex, and will literally play everything/anything without slowdown, lags, or stutter like on the Shield.

Since this handles DV perfectly, it’s an ideal compliment to my Zidoo Z9X Pro. I still like to play HDR and SDR content there using the VS10 chip since the colormapping is so good into bt2020.

Can you describe it better? I don’t know plex but it sounds interesting. Does Kodi play FEL and 2 video tracks correctly thanks to Plex? I read that Plex does not play HD audio. How does this relate to your test?

Not sure what you mean. Plex is just a frontend and media management tool. I just confirmed that it’s able to play P7 FEL just like the Kodi native player.

Lossless or lossy audio has nothing to do with Plex either. That’s all controlled by the player.

It’s not the endgame player. That one would also do tvled properly.

2 Likes

and a newer chip for faster navigation and av1 support…

Newer is no always faster. The S922X is still a workhorse in the amlogic universe

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Am6b+ doesn‘t play DV movies with GUI at 4k

Does it support TV-led and CMv4?

1 Like

That’s what it seems like but I’m not an expert on the subject and now I try to avoid learning more about it and try to enjoy the content. Otherwise I’ll just focus on what’s wrong.

I use tvled mode as that seems to be the better option, even if it’s fake.

I picked up a Ugoos AM6B+ to see how the more capable SoC compared to my DuneHD Homatics box. My TV is a Sony x950H.

On the DuneHD running the ne Omega nightlies, I had Dolby conversion set to 8.1, and Player-LED turned off. Both Player-LED and TV-LED appeared to play DV files fine.

On the AM6B+, I flashed the latest ng-dv 20.3 release from GitHub. I left the Dolby conversion to the default Lossless. With TV-LED, DV files have their things not working right Green/Purple tint. With Player-LED enabled the colors look correct. In both cases the TV correctly switches to DV mode. I can’t figure out if have something wrong somewhere causing TV-LED to not work on the AM6B+ where it did work on the DuneHD. No biggie, will run Player-LED and check future releases, but curious if anyone has any pointers.

Log from startup to playback with TV-LED and green/purple tint: https://pastebin.com/raw/EiHbYe4J

MediaInfo of the file’s video stream: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Edit: I am wondering if my slightly older TV model may only support Player-LED, and the DuneHD was doing something a bit tricky to make it look like it was working.

yes, x950h only have lldv, I use x95ek, have tv-led,but the same as you, some dv movies goes green/purple, in the meidacodec ,I can see its 12bit , rgb,it should be 8bit rgb, manual change the color 8 bit, the color correct

1 Like

And what’s the difference in a soc speed?
Is it really power horse compared to 905x4?
Do you use some heavy skin or widgets on your home screen? :wink:

I can speak for myself. I switched from the same box to ugoos, was never expecting a performance difference but it’s noticeable. Everything is smoother, especially seeking videos.

I use default skin with some light add-ons.

2 Likes

Deleted the reply

905x4 has 4 efficiency cores. 922x has 4 performance cores and 2 efficiency cores and a pretty beefier GPU. I run fentastic for the skin. Performance difference is pretty noticeable. There’s a lot less pauses and waiting while navigating around, things seem to load a bit faster, and I haven’t had any lockups or kodi crashes yet. I heard the AM6B+ has a UHS-II card reader, so I picked up one of the only UHS-II uSD cards I could find (https://amzn.to/3Uze2vy) and I think that has also been a lift compared the the USB 2 port on the Homatics box. I did like my Homatics B21 remote more than the Ugoos, so I paired the B21 to the AM6B+ and it works great. Only downgrade is no AV1 decoder, but it does still have VP9 P2, so I just disabled AV1 in YouTube and that’s all good. Fingers crossed Ugoos gets the CE team what they need to get things going on the AM8 :grin:

1 Like