Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Anonymous does not work, add a “dummy” user. I have like “media” with pass “media” :wink:

Then I will need to check it next week. And mp4 implement as well…

1 Like

Can confirm Kodi does not like that .ts file at all.

Screen stays black in Lossless mode and the Stop button does not work.

In 8.1 mode, the video starts to play, but it first switches my TV to HDR and a few seconds later to DV. Also, the sound does not play.

1 Like

try entering just “user” and no password

star wars jedi mp4 and dtdl.fel.1.mp4 are not real FEL. because the EL is lower than 2mbps. they are MEL.

FEL is above 3mbps

Absolutely amazing. Thank you so much.

@R3S3T_9999 Are there any other formats for FEL that would need to be implemented. Do you have any test files for DTDL FEL MKVs or MP4s?

For MKV, this is the commit for the official spec for DoVi.

Homemade DT-DL files can be buggy in my experience but I just added in my google drive, the MP4/MKV DT-DL version of the Minions Rise of Gru sample

Nope still can not access smb windows 7 shares. This is unreal on a pc it got it straight away but on this android box it will not allow to get the share. Been trying for 3 hours to try and get this to work I can not access my server at all.

On top of that the artic zephyr reloaded skin will not install to just says installation failed.

What am I doing wrong here no skin or shares working.

You should try reinstalling CoreELEC. Also, you should probably update to Windows 11. There is no reason to be using WIndows 7 in 2024.

1 Like

Smb version?

Windows 11 does not support my 15 year old pc.

Right I noticed in my network settings there was no ip address or anything so not sure if the box was falling back into WiFi even thought I had the box hard wired. So turned off the WiFi options and did a full reboot and now the box has an ip.

I managed to get the new skin installed but still finding it hard to get the shares to work. Not sure which version of windows 7 uses for smb shares.

Can you give the box a static ip using kodi or will I need to take the card out and boot into android and set it there

These days smb v2.0 is the goldilocks of SMB versions. Not too new, and not too old (and sketchy —here’s looking at you SMB v1.0).

Try setting SMB both minimum and maximum versions to 2.0, and then try again.

Found that setting as I have never seen this setting in kodi in a pc. So I set the min to smbv1 and max to smbv3 and put user in user and password and it’s got it at last.

Never knew about this smb share versions as kodi windows does not have it but the android boxes do. Do you thing I should put the min to v2 as v1 is unsafe ?

Cheers for letting me know about that setting never would if looked for that plus the box falling back to WiFi all the time and not using the network cable did not help so disabled the WiFi and the networks working. What a learning curve.

Versions SMB v2.0 or higher are better because you aren’t subjected to fixed chunk sizes for the cache settings. And setting it larger than the otherwise static/fixed 64KB allowable for SMBv1, and using higher SMB version is going to net you better performance. Videos are ideal with the large chunk sizes given they are such massive files, vs general purpose files. Later versions of windows also have SMBv1 disabled by default and for good reason:
As SMBv1 is deprecated and has known and somewhat severe security vulnerabilities–tbf no one should be using it, (and I cringe whenever I hear someone using otherwise).

The setting doesn’t exist for Kodi on Windows because Kodi on Windows largely relies on whatever the OS supports and is configured with for SMB. utilization.

Finally, really shouldn’t be using Windows 7. At the very least, Windows 10 if possible…

Cheers set min to v2 and max to v3 and it still works. I know windows 10 and 11 use v3 but windows 7 does support v2.1.

Would you get better performance with just using v3 over v2 or about the same as it seems like you suggested v1 is power performance and not safe

Might have to look at windows 10 but not sure if I can even install that as the motherboard is 15 years old as it’s running a i3 2120.

I have also found out if you power of the box it takes about 5 mins to boot do you all just use suspend instead ? As that’s about 5 sec or so to boot. Seems real slow to boot from cold.

\also I placed the dovi.ko in the same folder before I installed kodi in the root but it’s. It showing the Dolby vision option anywhere is that because I am running a 1080; tv will it show in the menu when I get the 4K tv. When I change the screen res to 2160p.

Also how do you get the remote to turn of the box in suspend and the power button does nothing when in kodi.

Thanks.

You need at least Windows 8 for SMB 3.0. SMB 3.0 mainly gains features for niche usecases such as SMB multichannel support (which is awesome) and SMB Direct (RDMA, which is even more awesome), along with enhanced security for in-transit traffic, and as a whole. Former two are overkill or you won’t even be able to utilize, and the security enhancements aren’t really necessary for something like playing back videos.

For your remote question, you could try this.

I suggest suspend over power on. There is a bit of timing to take into consideration when powering on, especially if your AV gear reports differently when in a powered off state and you end up turning on the Ugoos before them. For me if I don’t get the power on sequence correctly before I boot up the Ugoos, this actually confuses the Ugoos box thinking a TV changed and DV not getting set correctly (because it has logic that compares current EDID of connected equipment to that on boot up). When this has happened DV playback is basically broken until I fully power cycled the Ugoos box. This is more a quirk with my receiver than a CoreELEC problem. But something to keep in mind…

Thanks.

Q1 I noticed if I put the box into suspend and I use my amp and change inputs for some reason the box will power up and turn my amp over to that input which is a pain I am using a different device on my amp don’t know how to stop the box from been turned on when I am changing my amps inputs.

Q2 Also why does it take about 5 mins to boot from a power down I am surprised it takes that long to boot from cold as when using android it took about 10 sec and even with its own pre installed kodi 19 took about 4 sec to load. Is this a sd card problem.?

Would an external ssd be faster than a sd card. For this.

Q3 I. Noticed the box pushes 4:4:4. Is it not supposed to be 16-235 ? As kodi seems to have raised blacks just i. the menus but I think the movies look ok.

Thank you for these test files. Soon we’ll have the perfect DoVi device.

Hi all

Just turned on the box this morning and no network ? Tried everything nothing until I rebooted the box but the network is back this has happened twice but this time the skin Has not loaded artic zephyr and says can not install skin missing files ? I don’t what’s going on

Why did the box lose the network in suspend and why has the skin disappeared and also takes 5. I. To boot from cold using the sd card ?

I am at a lose to what is going on here.

Edit
I found out that when I restarted the box and it got my connection back it had used a dns number that my network does not use so put In My routers gateway number for the dns as the router provider auto allocation of dns number through the router and was now able to get on the net and get the skin back.

I have also used a static ip but I hope that it does not lose it again after a few hours in suspend as if it does this might be a kodi bug ? As I am using nightly version.

If it happens again I have to try the android system and see if it’s kodi or the box losing the network settings. What a pain

But still can not understand why it takes nearly 5 min to boot from cold.