Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

will that work for the minix ?

also read

3. At this point, if everything went well, CoreELEC should be up and running, so just proceed with the initial setup.

Warning: Do not boot into Android because it modifies CoreELEC system files and cause issues such as the bluetooth remote not being recognized after reboot. If this happens, you need to go to system settings and run Reset CoreELEC to defaults. Then, you can repair the remote and perform a restore from a backup created prior to booting to Android.

so this means you can not dual boot then ???

If it takes that long, there’s definitely something wrong. I’m using a cheap USB flash drive and it takes less than 30sec to boot. Suspend mode caused a network access issue on my end too so I now always do a cold boot and never had issues again.

going to try a spare external SSD first to see how i get on, doing that now so will let you all know, just in case it might be a bad SD card.

plus i placed the dovi.ko in my root and that was not in kodi at all, i know i have a 1080p at the mo but i would of thought the setting would still be there

what i did notice as well when i tried the sd card i could not get it to work with
g12b_s922x_minix_u22xj_max.dtb
I had to use
g12b_s922x_minix_u22xj_max_rev_a.dtb

not sure why as theres nothing on the box stating rev a ?

i do appreciate everyone on here helping i really do cheers for you all for your understanding.

Kodi does say cpu:Amlogic S922X rev a so prob why the none a version did not work.

Quick update just installed it onto a ssd drive and Jesus it loads within 6 sec.

So going to test and let you all know

Also just noticed the skin downloaded and installed straight of the bat. mmm hope this works will report back later when I have to go through all the setting again. Bugger

Also shares went straight in with no farting about with smb versions like before.

Of course you can, but it will mess up the bluetooth remote just as stated.
Dual boot means it is two operating systems on the same machine.

I will never boot into Android again so for me it is a moot point.

That was an older issue that got solved which is why I removed it from the top post.

Really glad it’s working for you.

@Meridius, plz open new thread with your problems.
you are spoiling this topic with totally off-topic questions. i understand you have problems with your hardware, but this thread is about DoVi. this is not hardware support thread.

keep this topic/thread only related to DoVi.
keep this thread clean and open new thread !!!

2 Likes

That’s neat. Even less to worry about.

Is this still an issue because this commit has been added one week back. Is issue is still present let me know to adjust the fix.

And no reset is needed only one command in ssh terminal.

I think the issue has been solved. But I agree with ari2asem that we need a separate support thread. Can a mod create one and clean up this thread?

Sorry all for posting in here

Well I do have a question about Dolby vision, will the option not show on 1080p tvs ? Does it need a 2160p tv before you option to see this option as I did ad the dovi in the root when I installed the nightly

Thanks

May want to edit the post to remove that bit. It’s caused confusion/concern more than once now😃

I did even before vpeter’s commit hit the nightlies.

Does work now…

7 Likes

And MP4 as well…

9 Likes

You’re spoiling us. I’m in awe of your work.

Hi @PurplePlayer , with this modification can you turn on/off the box under CE, or need the original remote conf?
I would like turn completely off the box, with the remote, not suspend or sleep.
So the question, how can I turn on again…

Hi all just quick let you know.

Got up this morning and turned the box on and all my shares and skin were still working. Thank god.

Thanks for all the help peoples must of been a bad sd card.

About Dolby vision

will the option not show on 1080p tvs ? Will kodi need to be in 2160p tv before you see this option as I did add the dovi in the root when I installed the nightly

Thanks

Your TV must support Dolby Vision for it to show up in the settings UI.
I don’t know any 1080P that has DV support.

And last one:

7 Likes