Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Portisch has. Scroll back the last few days.

I did see all of that, but I just wanted to make sure I was understanding what I was reading. What an amazing project you all have going on here, thanks for all of the efforts!

Hi all I was looking at some of the settings posted on the chart guide on here For DV and there is a setting called

CoreELEC > Disable noise reduction = Enabled

Does that mean if you enable the option it actually disables noise reduction ? Surprised it’s enabled by default as I would have thought this would mess with the image of all videos and not a true playback of the source.

Thanks for any input.

Now the last thing we need is good upscaling for 1080 to 4K, and we’ll have the perfect NAS player

Yes, you’ll want to have it like that to prevent the SoC from applying a denoiser on the image.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Wake On Lan (WOL) Not Working

I remember reading in this thread some time back about the video stuttering when the OSD was displaying, and I myself have noticed this. I didn’t pay it much mind since it goes away immediately when the OSD fades away. However I just tried to watch Godzilla Minus One and am seeing the video stutter anytime a subtitle is showing. I’m assuming this is related?

Sub info from the mkv:
Text #1
ID : 4
Format : UTF-8
Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Language : English
Default : No
Forced : No

Disabling dirty regions might help. set to 0

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_dirty_regions

IIRC disabling “dirty regions” works to get rid of subtitle stutter with external subs, not with internal.

thanks again Astro and the whole ce community. what you did here is really unbelievable.

unfortunately I’m to old for that, or maybe to lazy. I have an running system now on SD and the Picture is great but I’m not getting warm with kodi. I’m sure I would if I would customize it 20 hours (or more? :wink: but these days are over.

I’ve tried the emby skin and db connect, because I have an emby server and I lobe the easy GUI in it but for kodi it’s not really working (for me)

2o years ago it would be a dream!! but with nearly 50 I stick with plug and play without dv fel :frowning:

so now the question. someone interested in a 6hours used ugoos am6b+ 2024 with an SD card running latest coreelec v21 nightly. I paid 164 eur plus 6 eur ssd 32g and would sell it for 150 with SD card (shipment you, only with insurance)

picture later if wanted, but of course nothing is damaged and every little plastic bag is still here…

and adm, pls delete the post if this is wrong here!! I just thought I ask because I will not put in ebay Kleinanzeigen I rather send it back to ugoos…

I can send from Germany (today…) or Switzerland (Monday next week)

happy Wednesday

Install Arctic Zephyr reloaded and you’ll find things much easier to navigate and use. The stock skin is 20 years out of fashion really.

1 Like

Are you using the official release or a nightly?

This has gone away from me once the nightly that patched HTTPS video handling was fixed

Out of curiosity, why was the Firetv Cube 2nd gen removed from the topic title? I thought that box also has an S922X-J and is capable of doing DV P7 FEL?

do you mean me @GreyFoxRTX ?
yes I had that skin indeed looked nice! very nice! but I was not even able to design one overview page with continue, latest movs, latest TV, genre, favs and folder like concerts or docus… I’m sure it’s possible no question! Just not for someone like me…

How do I get extra skins? I checked Look and Feel, it does not have many. Do I need to upgrade add-on repository? or install new repository?

Skins for 21-Omega are here

To install you’ll need to follow the setup for the skins you like, usually its own repo.

This is happening with the latest code as of yesterday.

Thanks for this tip, I can give it a try. I may also extract the subtitles given what @Sholander mentioned.

Thanks. The problem is I don’t see them in ‘Get More’. So I guess I will install them manually by zip files.

You’ll need to add the repos by skin. They’re not in the CE or default Kodi repo.

Once you add the repo you need you can install the zip from that repo