Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Does resuming playback from last stopped timestamp of iso files work for everyone else?Noticed it didn’t from from either local playback/streamed content.Not sure which one as I was in a hurry so I thought I’ll put this up here before I get back to it.

I’m loving this, a big thank you to the team!

Apologies if this is slightly OT.

So I want to reach my golden setup, I’m so close now I can taste it.

I currently have around 200 blu-ray remuxes.

Last two things are audio and storage. Really I’m only talking about using solutions that are the least resource intensive on the AM6+.

Storage, what uses less resources, LAN, Wi-Fi or USB. I’m currently using USB?

Audio, I don’t use or want an AV receiver, I’m happy with 2.2 coming out of the 2CH MiniDSP SHD, now I tried SPDIF from the AM6+ to the SHD but couldn’t get sound (is it possible to have the AM6+ output 2CH out of the SPDIF and tweak the sample rates and bit depth?), USB (DAC mode) works but I was getting cutouts on Heat UHD remux. I don’t want to use TV sound (Sony A95K) as it lacks bass, or a soundbar.

So cutouts, could that be USB contention issues, or a CPU resource issue?

Honestly, I’ll go through my entire collection and add a new downmixed audio track to all my MKVs if I have to.

So audio, how would you do it to get the best experience on 2CH downmixed (centre boosted and LFE incorporated)?

This isn’t my first rodeo with surround sound, I’ve amassed a few solutions over the years and I’m happy to spend a little more, does any of this help (I own these already):

Thenaudio SHARCv2 SHARC-V2 8k eARC Audio Processor
Atlona AT-HD-M2C https://atlona.com/product/at-hd-m2c/
MiniDSP U-DAC8 (discontinued 8CH USB DAC)

Thanks!

Cant see the prices of 2 first equipment, but the last one cost ~400$, with that price, you can have a good soundbar with dolby atmos.
Golden system for home entertainment without atmos?

Thanks, sorry, I should have mentioned that I already own those three devices.

I don’t want a soundbar or atmos.

If you want to scale then build a NAS and connect it to the Ugoos via SMB or with a media server front end like Plex/Jellyfin/Emby.

Though 200 remuxes not so much. Only 12-14tb, you could directly connect via USB.

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me (local content). It just keeps loading indefinitely

Could you post logs for the developers to have a look so the issue could be fixed.I’m gonna be away from home for a week and will not be able to do the same.

My box still got 12 bit RGB report in some movies
These are logs:

1. Jurassic World 2022 (FEL) 12b RGB:
    Dispinfo: https://paste.coreelec.org/XOC4d5
    dmesg: https://paste.coreelec.org/6ZRGn5
  2. The Abyss (not check to see if it FEL or MEL) 8b RGB:
    Dispinfo: https://paste.coreelec.org/D9lNFq
    dmesg: https://paste.coreelec.org/OFH8qt

Hi, Portisch.
I downloaded Amlogic-no ce-22 tonight, but there’s no dtb for origin Minix U22X-J (the none Max Version), will it be supported?

Just use any Minix DTB and try it?
But Amlogic-no is not DV compatible anyway right now.

Did you read this?

No Dolby Vision in the NO branch until a dovi.ko file is available that is compatible with kernel 5.15.

You are better off sticking with the Omega 21 NG branch for now.

I’m using the latest nightly trying to play DTDL MKVs, but they’re only shown and played as HDR10. Is there something I need to turn on to make DV work for them?

Had some crazy behavior with the 05/07 nightly. Not sure directly related to it, but it was the last major thing I did. After update procedure, box hung on boot up. I have no logs because it couldn’t boot, and ssh daemon wouldn’t run. What was weirder was an sd card I had with a prior ce21 nightly couldn’t get an IP address via DHCP. I eventually recovered, using the AM logic burning tool to reflash back to factory stock and start from scratch, followed by a partially migrated backup from one of my other boxes, then reverting back to 04/13 nightly.

Idk maybe something just glitched out?

Hmm, I will test as well today and see if i get similar results.

You are playing this via HTTPS handling? (plex/jellyfin/emby)

Just noticed Godzilla minus one is giving me 12bit also. Played via nfs and smb.

And also half the time Kodi freezes while trying to play this file. Top shows video decoder and journald at 100% CPU. I have to pull the plug when this happens as the reboot command doesn’t have any effect.

1 Like

Over HTTPS method I get 8-bit on Godzilla Minus One.

I’m using 0509 nightly.

EDIT: Also tested a MKV remux of Jurassic World Dominion (2022). Get 8-bit over HTTPS handling

1 Like

ISO or bdmv folder? Iso is fine for me other than not getting any movie length on the UI and only a stop button.

I just can’t make a remux out of this for some reason. Tried different versions of mkvmerge. 78 plays in hdr and newer ones cause the box to freeze. I don’t get it.

Edit: Tried a ready made one and it’s fine. 8 bit and everything. Gotta always suspect the file itself and not CE.

Mine is MKV remux, a “ready made one” as you say :wink:

1 Like

AM6+ user here. 5/9 Nightly just installed. I did a fresh reboot of the device, and ran the following command via SSH:

echo Y > /sys/module/hdmitx20/parameters/dovi_tv_led_no_colorimetry

Like others, when I start up a DV MKV the debug overlay states RGB 8bit. This is also reflected in my HDFury Vertex device.

One other note, if I hit “reset” on the Vertex device prompting a new HDMI handshake, I get RGB 12bit. This is repeatable. Every DV file will initially show RGB 8bit, but a an HDMI reset reports RGB 12bit, both in the Vertex and the Kodi debug overlay.

I played local file on hdd.