Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Yes on all counts. DV is triggering properly after updating to todays nightly, but the option to turn off player-led is still not present.

Will try that next thank you

I was able to get CE not to show any DV options and then brought them back by messing with my hdmi settings, but still no option for player-led. I find it odd that I have all other DV options except for the player-led settings

DV working perfectly on my AM6+, well done CE team!

There’s one particular file that it won’t play, so I’m curious if anyone can diagnose it. The link below is the video in question. It’s an LG DV demo video from a few years ago.

Mediainfo shows it as an MPEG4 container, with HEVC video format and DolbyVision HDR format. It either freezes CE or just shows a black screen.

Any suggestions? (Be warned it’s 1.8gb in size. )

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EU1eSnBAIABEa3u3UgTGyDV-DeVZvvF9?usp=sharing

There is a problem, playing the Dolby Vision original disc in lossless mode, dragging the progress bar, and the sound and image are not synchronized. Minifer mode, dragging the progress bar is normal.

I’ve noticed issues with certain formats in MP4 as well. Converting your file to MKV with mkvtoolnix fixed it for me.

EDIT: I wonder if it has anything to do with the Track IDs in the MP4 file - the audio is Track 1, and the video is Track 2. Usually they should be the other way around (and they are the other way round after conversion to MKV)

Then it’s not a dual layer format include dovi side data.
So no way to detect if DV dual stream or not.
Please check your movies with ffprobe to see the stream details.

Thank you for all the incredible work!

All movies I’ve tried play great, except for Dune Part One. When I try to play Dune, the TV shows “No Signal”. If I “stop” the playback by pushing enter → right arrow → enter, display output returns and I’m back on the title screen.

I’ve tried:

• Both through AVR and directly to TV
  • “Lossless” and “Profile 8.1 MP” setting in Dolby Vision Compat Mode
  • Changing UI resolution from 2160p to 1080p, and frame rate to 60/120/24
  • Turning off frame rate switching, and adding timeout for switching frame rate
  • Enabling “use player-led DV”

None of these have worked :frowning:

Here are the
logs.txt (21.3 KB).

The media info is identical to the one from this post, here.

I am on CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.1-Omega_nightly_20240529. TV is LG C1. Device is Ugoos AM6B+.

I used to be on an old nightly from March but recently updated to this new one using a tar file and ran the ceemc tool. To be clear had same problem with March build.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

your mediainfo says ‘‘invalid file extension’’.
Remux it.

Hi guys,
I’m trying to install dual-booting in my Ugoos AM6B+ using CEEMMC. Problem is whenever I run PUTTY to SSH into the device, I enter as “root”, type in the password and… “Conection cancelled by host”. I tried everything but nothing seems to work, I always end up getting the same message.

Any idea what could be the issue?
Thank you so much.

Ssh when running CE or in Android?

Hello,
I’m running the latest stable build 21.0-Omega on my Ugoos AM6B+ and I’m having a weird issue with a specific DV P7 mkv file (the Criterion release of Wall-E). The file plays back perfectly in DV with FEL decoding until the very end of the credits, about 24 seconds before the end of the video. At this point the video freezes up, but the audio continues to work fine and the player itself doesn’t freeze at all either. I can skip back and forth no problem, and if I skip back to before the freeze it starts to play again normally. Skipping ahead past the first freeze point will play like 1 frame before freezing, and anything in the last ~24 seconds will freeze. After doing some testing I found that this freeze only occurs when FEL decoding is active. If I switch the DV compatibility mode to anything other than lossless the freeze doesn’t occur, and it also doesn’t occur in HDR10 output. I captured a debug log of the freeze occuring but I don’t know enough to make sense of it myself. Here is the log. Since this occurs in the credits it’s not really a big deal but I’m still curious as to what the issue could be. I also tested this file using the latest nightly build as well and the issue was still present. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Use nightly!

What about solving the problem of audio unsynchronization after rewinding or switching chapters in uhd video folders or iso m2ts. The problem is exactly on the video with fel. Checked on the latest nightly builds, no improvement.

Don’t hit me…
I can’t find a solution for the TV series posters, does anyone have a guide to resolve this?
Or point me to the correct link to search for information.
Sorry thanks

1. install dual boot 0.5.4 version.
  2. boot to CE 19.4.
  3. copy night CE ng 21.1 to folder Update and reboot, not needed ssh and ceem -x

nightly 21 only supported right, no dovi.ko for 22 yet?

There is no 22 for amlogic-ng atm!
And i think it not ready to boot for ne and no!

1 Like

Not sure if you’re responding to my post right above yours or not, but I did mention at the end of my post that I also tested using the latest nightly build (21.1-Omega_nightly_20240529) and the issue was still present.