EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

Hi,

This probably more like coreelec/kodi question, but is there a way to automatically launch Sx05RE when a bluetooth (gamepad) is connected?

Thanks

I don’t suppose that is possible, at least I don’t know how to

Mame2010 is not included but if you are building it yourself you can enable it by editing the sx05re/package.mk and un-commenting this line

# PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET="$PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET mame2010 mame2014"

Thanks I appreciate the offer, right now just testing helps me a lot as its only me and I can’t test on all devices or all the configurations people use, so the more people I can get testing this, the better :slight_smile:

I am glad you found a fix, just FYI the hotkey gets enabled by default now after you set up your controller in emulationstation.

you will LOVE the N2, its amazing how good the emulators run on it, and CoreELEC is working very well!

I just released v2.5 :slight_smile:

Sx05RE add-on v2.5 for CoreELEC

This version bring many changes to the add-on

• OpenBOR is now included under “ports” in Emulationstation, only .pak files are supported and they should go into /storage/roms/openbor
  • Background music in Emulationstation, enable it by going into settings > Sx05RE > BGM. MP3s should go into /storage/roms/BGM, remember only one source of audio can be heard, there is no mixer since I don’t want to use Pulseaudio (resource intensive) and I can’t seem to be able to configure alsa dmixer, so video sound will be muted while BGM is playing.
  • Savestates and other game related saves are now saved on the same place as the ROM file (only Retroarch emulators).
  • Fixed reicast-joyconfig.
  • Fixed Sega CD and Sega 32x.
  • Updated emulators to the latest available.
  • Fix USB mounting if you select to start RA from the settings menu
  • Many small bug fixes.

I could not implement the retropie scripts on this version as they need several other programs I could not get to work on the add-on, yet, but I will keep trying, although I can’t promise anything as I am not sure if they will work at all.

NOTE: If you have an older version of the add-on, this version WILL overwrite your emulationstation and retroarch configuration files (but it won’t delete any themes), as many new changes where introduced to the setting files. If you want to save your configuration you will need to make a backup BEFORE you update

I spent a lot of time and sleepless nights getting this together and testing as much as I can and as always I try to make it easy to update but since I can’t test it on all scenarios you might have a problem updating the script, in this case I suggest you delete the old one and install the new version.

What happened to 2.4 you ask? … you missed it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You forgot to mention drastic:)

hopefull my big PSX Final Fantasy VIII pbp file will work now :slight_smile:

I’m trying to grasp the extent of the abilities of the N2 for emulation. I’m assuming it’ll be similar to the XU4 and that N64 will play a lot better, but what are the likelihood of Dolphin (Gamecube and/or Wii) and (though I know unlikely) PS2 (PCSX2) or Xbox (XQEmu)?

how i delete the old script?
just uninstall over Kodi?

ah I well its not “officially” included, think of it more of an easter egg :stuck_out_tongue:

You are over estimating the N2, I don’t think that is going to happen anytime soon unless someone codes a optimized version that runs on ARM which I don’t see happening.

You would need a much more powerful SBC for any of those.

Yeah, use Kodi to uninstall it but you should not need to do it, it’s just in case you run into problems.

Hopefully it will, the latest commit on PCSX rearmed says that is fixed.

Is it working on emulationstation the PS3 clonic Bluetooth controller??

Thank you so much… Now I have mame 2010 roms working again, I also tried openbor core and it works just need to find how to setup the controller, I tried the raspberry/openbor OpenBOR - Ultimate GamePad Setup.sh scripts without sucess, today I will try more cores and let you know how I was

If your controller is not working on Openbor with the script I made, you will need a keyboard connected to setup it up.

# OpenBOR only works with Pak files, if you have an extracted game you will need to create a pak first.
# If master.cfg does not work, sound is weird or controller not working, you will need to use a keyboard to set your gamepad
# after you set up your gamne, copy the /storage/.config/openbor/Saves/{gamename}.cfg file to /storage/.config/openbor/master.cfg
# master.cfg will only be copied the first time you run that particular game.

We will only know if you try it.

1 Like

So i dont Need to use your Script :wink:

You don’t have to use it, but If you want it to work with ES the way it was intended, you will need it

The script does several things to make it work on the add-on it copies the .pak to a temporary file, copies a configuration file for the current game for full screen and gamepad.

if you just try to run OpenBor withouth the script it won’t work (well it will but it will be a mess)