EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

Hi,

Can you guide me how to set up per-game overlay setting with Sx05RE?

I just found excellent resources here…

Thanks

I have no idea as I have never done that, sorry

did you already compiled psx an the new picodrive ?

i can change the binary over ssh and test it

Ohhh I see, I like more the stand alone version because it boots directly to emulationstation, there a way to do that also in the coreelec version with you addon script? or There is a way to take out the usr/bin/assets from file system to storage/.config so I can edit and setup the controller so I can use it with the psp with you stand alone image?

I just made some changes to make that possible, but as of right now, it is not possible, I am planning on releasing a new version of the standalone version very soon.

Question, do you need/use Kodi?

you can have CE boot into Emulationstation by modifying autostart.sh and adding this

(
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/sx05re.sh
)&
systemctl stop kodi

Drastic ist working…

But Not corect

What device is this?

nexbox A5 - S905 device on 4k TV
when i’m on drastic menu it looks good. …

Blockquote
Starting DraStic (version r2.5.0.4)

Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/backup: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/savestates: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/config: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/profiles: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/unzip_cache: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/system: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/input_record: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/cheats: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/slot2: It’s there.
Checking directory /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/scripts: It’s there.
Setting default configuration.
SDL input: Setting default controls for Generic X-Box Pad
Loading directory config file /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/config/drastic.cf2
Loading config file /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/config/drastic.cfg
1 joystick(s) found.
Got memory mapped buffer at 0xf6baa000 (drastic_mapped_memory.dat)
Using memory map offset 0
Direct mapping main RAM to 2000000
Direct mapping main RAM to 2400000
Direct mapping main RAM to 2800000
Direct mapping main RAM to 2c00000
Initializing ARM9 bus-level memory map.
Initializing ARM7 bus-level memory map.
Initializing CP15.
Initializing DMA.
video_3d render targets: 0xad3fcc0 0xad63d80 0xad87e40 0xadabf00
ALSA output: requested rate of 44100, got 44100.
ALSA output: requested buffer size of 8192, got 8192.
ALSA output: requested period size of 2048, got 2048.
ALSA output: Using synchronous engine.
1524.326172 cycles per output sample (0.000656 samples per cycle)
Loaded 6722 games in database file /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/game_database.xml.
Loaded cheat directory from database file /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/usrcheat.dat. Loaded 3204 games.
Processing command line options.
Loading gamecard file /storage/roms/nds/0479 - New Super Mario Bros. (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).nds.
Attempting to load lua script /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/scripts/0479 - New Super Mario Bros. (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).lua
Attempting to load lua script /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/scripts/default.lua
Initializing screen: scale 1 orientation 0 depth 32
Loading config file /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/config/drastic.cfg
Loading config file /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/config/0479 - New Super Mario Bros. (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).cfg
Config file /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/config/0479 - New Super Mario Bros. (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).cfg does not exist.
Setting up ARM9 memory map.
Setting up ARM7 memory map.
Remapping ITCM limit from 0 to 0
Remapping DTCM from 0, 0 to 0, 0
Remapping DTCM from 0, 0 to 27e0000, 4000
Remapping ITCM limit from 0 to 2000000
1 joystick(s) found.
Initializing screen: scale 0 orientation 1 depth 32
Gamecard title: ‘NEW MARIO’
Game code: 50443241
Maker code: 3130
Unit code: 0
Chip size: 32768KB
ROM version: 0
Autostart: 0
ROMCTRL 00416657
ARM9 ROM offset: 4000
ARM9 entry PC: 2000800
ARM9 RAM offset: 2000000
ARM9 size: 718e8
ARM7 ROM offset: 22b800
ARM7 entry PC: 2380000
ARM7 RAM offset: 2380000
ARM7 size: 286a0
Found game in database: titled New Super Mario Bros… EEPROM backup: 2000 bytes
Loading backup file /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/backup/0479 - New Super Mario Bros. (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).dsv, 8314 bytes
No custom cheat file at /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/cheats/0479 - New Super Mario Bros. (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It).cht.
Checking cycle hacks for gamecode 50443241
Performing recompiler base block translation (2000800 2380000).
Calling recompiler event update handler (@ 0x847f0e4).
Remapping ITCM limit from 2000000 to 2000000
Remapping DTCM from 27e0000, 4000 to 27e0000, 4sh: setterm: not found
DTCM moved off of main RAM, remapping main RAM to it.
Initializing screen: scale 0 orientation 3 depth 32
Initializing screen: scale 0 orientation 3 depth 32
Saving config to /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/config/drastic.cfg
0 mini hash hits out of 0 accesses (nan%)
0 hash accesses:
nan% hit in one hop
nan% hit in two hops
nan% hit in three hops
nan% hit in four or more hops
Saving directory config to file named /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/drastic/config/drastic.cf2

Blockquote

Thank you very much… that would be great… for now I will use the stand alone version with the kodi addon for playing psp games without any problem, I couldn’t find the autostart.sh file. whats is the path to edit, that file? thank you very much for all your help with this…

Shanti, first of all I appreciate too much your works in this Addon, sorry my English.
I have any problem with my installation, is about the save configuration of retroarch, it doesn’t work for me, I made changes for example in bezels, in controller to add analogue control for example, I save the new configuration an after quit retroarch and when I start again no changes were made.
I thinks its possible for any block about the file permission, is it possible?
It happens to other people?

Thanks a lot for your support and for your works.

p.d: Im testing in CoreELEC 9.01 working from a backup done previously, maybe this can be the problem.

I don’t think this is happening to anyone else, not that I know of.

can you please login by SSH and send me the content of these

cat /storage/.emulationstation/es_log.txt
cat /storage/sx05re.log

This is the content of the second line that you send me, the first one is terrible large (but I don’t have any problem to text here if you need)
CoreELEC: ~ # cat /storage/sx05re.log

Sx05RE Run Log

1st parameter: MAME

2nd Parameter: /storage/roms/arcade/64street.zip

3rd Parameter:

4th Parameter:

Run Command is:

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/retroarch -L /storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/lib/libretro/mame2003_plus_libretro.so /storage/roms/arcade/64street.zip

Emulator Output is:

ALSA lib /home/adamg/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.0.1/alsa-lib-1.1.8/src/seq/seq_hw.c:466:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory

sh: setterm: not found

The beginning, for example.
CoreELEC (official): 9.0.1 (Amlogic.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # cat /storage/.emulationstation/es_log.txt
lvl2: EmulationStation - v2.9.0rp-dev, built Mar 7 2019 - 09:58:23
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/resources/mamenames.xml”…
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/resources/mamebioses.xml”…
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/resources/mamedevices.xml”…
lvl2: Creating surface…
lvl2: Created window successfully.
lvl2: Added known joystick Microsoft X-Box 360 pad (instance ID: 0, device index: 0)
lvl2: Checking available OpenGL extensions…
lvl2: ARB_texture_non_power_of_two: MISSING
lvl2: Loading system config file /storage/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg…
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/roms/amstradcpc/gamelist.xml”…
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/amstradcpc/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/amstradcpc/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/roms/arcade/gamelist.xml”…
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/arcade/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/arcade/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/roms/atari2600/gamelist.xml”…
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/2003 AtariAge Holiday Cart.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/2005 Minigame Multicart.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/3-D Tic-Tac-Toe (1980) (Atari, Carol Shaw - Sears) (CX2618 - 49-75123) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/32 in 1 Game Cartridge (1988) (Atari) (CX26163P) (PAL).bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Acid Drop (1992) (Salu, Dennis M. Kiss) (460758) (PAL) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Adventure (1980) (Atari, Warren Robinett - Sears) (CX2613 - 49-75154) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Adventures of TRON (TRON Joystick) (1982) (M Network, Hal Finney, Glenn Hightower, Peter Kaminski - INTV) (MT4317) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Air Raid (Men-A-Vision) (PAL).bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Alligator People (1983) (20th Century Fox Video Games, John Russell) (Prototype) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Asteroid Fire (1983) (Home Vision - Gem International Corp.) (VCS83111) (PAL) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Aufruhr im Zoo (AKA Panda Chase) (1983) (Quelle) (719.694 2) (PAL).bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Color Bar Generator (1984) (VideoSoft, Jerry Lawson) (VS1008).bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Curtiss (AKA Atlantis,AKA I Heard That Curtis) (Rainbow Vision - Suntek) (SS-019) (PAL).bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Dragonstomper (Excalibur) (1982) (Starpath Corporation, Stephen Harland Landrum) (6) (AR-4400) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Fireball (Frantic) (Paddle) (1982) (Arcadia Corporation, Scott Nelson) (3) (AR-4300) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/Frog Demo (1983) (CommaVid, Joseph Biel) (PAL) ~.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atari2600/INV.bin” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atari2600/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atari2600/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: Error - folder with path “/storage/roms/atari5200” is not a directory!
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atari5200/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atari5200/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: System “atari5200” has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/roms/atari7800/gamelist.xml”…
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atari7800/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atari7800/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: Error - folder with path “/storage/roms/atari800” is not a directory!
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atari800/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atari800/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: System “atari800” has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/roms/atarilynx/gamelist.xml”…
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atarilynx/Blue Lightning (USA) (Demo).zip” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/atarilynx/Lynx II Production Test Program V0.02 (USA) (Proto).zip” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atarilynx/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atarilynx/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: Error - folder with path “/storage/roms/atarist” is not a directory!
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atarist/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/atarist/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: System “atarist” has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/roms/coleco/gamelist.xml”…
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/colecovision/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/colecovision/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/roms/c64/gamelist.xml”…
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/c64/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/c64/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: Error - folder with path “/storage/roms/amiga” is not a directory!
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/amiga/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/amiga/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: System “amiga” has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl1: Error - folder with path “/storage/roms/pc” is not a directory!
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/pc/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/pc/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: System “pc” has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl1: Unknown platform for system “famicom” (platform “famicom” from list “famicom”)
lvl1: Error - folder with path “/storage/roms/famicom” is not a directory!
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/famicom/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/famicom/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: System “famicom” has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl1: Error - folder with path “/storage/roms/fds” is not a directory!
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/fds/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/fds/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: System “fds” has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl1: Unknown platform for system “fba” (platform “fba” from list “fba”)
lvl1: Error - folder with path “/storage/roms/fba” is not a directory!
lvl1: Warning from theme “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/fba/theme.xml”
(from included file “/storage/.emulationstation/themes/es-theme-ComicBook/fba/…/comic_book.xml”)
could not find file “”
lvl1: System “fba” has no games! Ignoring it.
lvl2: Parsing XML file “/storage/roms/gb/gamelist.xml”…
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/gb/2nd Space (Asia) (Unl).7z” does not exist! Ignoring.
lvl1: File “/storage/roms/gb/2nd Space (Asia) (Unl).GB” does not exist! Ignoring.

I have done a new fresh install and 0 problems, but Id like to know why happens this thing before, maybe for the backup? Or a bad installation?

I don’t see anything weird in the log, so I can’t tell why.

if it was an old version that you made the backup from it might just be because of all the changes, remember this is a beta test, and there might be weird problems here and there :confused:

1 Like

@niabi Are you going to port bezel project to Sx05RE?
If so, there is a tiny problem in their bezels.sh.
For handheld platform, they used
sed -i ‘4i aspect_ratio_index = “22” #bezelscript’ /opt/retropie/configs/gamegear/retroarch.cfg
In fact, we need to set aspect_ratio_index = “23”.
Just for you information. I hope that would help.
Thanks. Waiting for your new build :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am still not sure, its not something I use, and not high on my priority, right now I want to release a new version with all the fixes. then I will figure out if its worth it.

But thanks for the tip!

any idea how i become my Ps3 Controller working on reicast

SSH: reicast-joyconfig and follow instructions

or read this

“…make a directory called “roms” in the root of the USB device, then inside create an empty file called sx05reroms , place your ROMS inside the corresponding folder (nes, snes, etc, etc.) then with the device plugged start the add-on.”

(Odroid C2)
This doesn’t appear to work for me (at least in RetroArch). At first I’d assumed it was because I was using the SDcard for games storage (I run CoreELEC on eMMC), but the same SD card plugged into a USB adapter yields the same results. I mean, I can browse the drive from either CoreELEC or RetroArch and add the games manually, but nothing automatic seems to be happening, which tells me that it’s also maybe not gonna load the BIOSes as needed either.