EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

CoreELEC:~/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin # ./reicast-joyconfig.py
Can’t import evdev module. Please install it.
You can do this via one of the following:
pip install evdev
sudo apt install python-evdev

i cant use apt on coreelec…

how i start dreamcast from ssh`??

Retroarch does not auto load any roms, this is for Emulationstation, but the script looks for the files in /media if when you insert the USB it does not show in /media then this might be the problem.

or if you have the wrong folder structure

it has to be

USB

/
    /roms
    /roms/sx05reroms
    /roms/[system] 

Also as always, logs would be very helpful

Damn that’s another thing I need to include in the add-on

can i install it by myself?

i dont become my ps3 controller to work :frowning:

The SD card was automatically scanned by ES, so it does work as intended on that side.

I know RetroArch doesn’t automatically load ROMs (I’m a Lakka user), I was thinking more that the plugin would replace or map the ROMS directory in place of the original location. Nothing I’m sure I couldn’t do with symbolic links, presumably. That said, it would be handy if that was something that could be set via the plugin settings.

I think I found the problem you are having.

when you select to start RA from the addon it won’t automatically create the symlink to the ROMS folder.

I am about to release a new version (hopefully tonight) that fixes this (among a lot of other stuff). So that it will automatically scan and create the symlink on each start.

Hopefully I am understanding what your problem is

1 Like

Yes, you understood what I meant. And you’re right, after I launched ES, the directories were aligned properly in RetroArch.

I’m currently finding another issue; the inability to control the volume of games. Coming from Lakka, I’ve had that setup running pretty smooth, and had the analog hat buttons (of my GameSir G3s controller) set as volume controls. I’ve bound the buttons to volume from within the Addon’s RetroArch and it accepts the mapping, but the volume still isn’t controlled. I’ll post a log when I get the chance later.

Were you running Lakka on the same device? I’ve never controlled the volume directly there, so I can’t comment, but if you provide the logs maybe we could look into it and find a fix?

Try this new script

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/shantigilbert/f95c44628321f0f4cce4f542a2577950/raw/361ee65fca652d1b3e96abb76d14f90fe3901ddb/dldrastic.sh

To answer your question, yes, both were running on my Odroid C2.

I had a dual-boot setup (swapping DTB/Kernel files with scripts between eMMC/SD Card), so it was literally on the exact same device, with all the same hardware (different SD card; I still have the Lakka card as backup). Lakka seemed to have issues switching back properly, and I got tired of having to remove the eMMC and manually swapping the files every so often.

ANYWAY, turns out I’d set the hotkey as well and manually resetting that in the RA config fixed the volume problem.

To Note: I have ordered a 4GB Odroid N2, and it appears the CE crew are quite excited about working on this board. I’m looking forward to seeing what the Addon is capable of.

Hello friend,

I´m using also a ps3 clone controller and I had problems mapping the controller with reicast-joyconfig.py app, I think it isnt working properly bacause I can’t map the dpad, joystick and left and righ trigger, , maybe that happend to you also, So I got this WRONG mapping,

Sx05RE:/usr/bin # reicast-joyconfig.py
0: gpio_keypad (/dev/input/event0, gpio_keypad/input0)
1: cec_input (/dev/input/event1, )
2: HID 6901:1224 (/dev/input/event2, usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-2/input0)
3: HID 6901:1224 (/dev/input/event3, usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-2/input1)
4: meson-ir (/dev/input/event4, meson-ir/input0)
5: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (meson-ir) (/dev/input/event5, /input0)
6: Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Controller (/dev/input/event6, 43:34:b0:00:1f:ac)
Please enter the device id: 6
Using device 6…
Name: Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Controller
File: /dev/input/event6
Phys: 43:34:b0:00:1f:ac
Do you want to map a button to exit the emulator [Y/n] Y
Press the that button now…
emulator escape button mapped to 704 (BTN_TRIGGER_HAPPY).
Do you want to map the A button? [Y/n] Y
Press the A button now…
A button mapped to 301.
Do you want to map the B button? [Y/n] Y
Press the B button now…
B button mapped to 302.
Do you want to map the C button? [Y/n] n
Do you want to map the D button? [Y/n] n
Do you want to map the X button? [Y/n] Y
Press the X button now…
X button mapped to 300.
Do you want to map the Y button? [Y/n] Y
Press the Y button now…
Y button mapped to 303 (BTN_DEAD).
Do you want to map the Z button? [Y/n] n
Do you want to map the START button? [Y/n] Y
Press the START button now…
START button mapped to 291 (BTN_TOP).
Do you want to map DPad 1? [Y/n] Y
Press the LEFT button of DPad 1 now…
X axis of DPad 1 mapped to 48 (ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR).
Press the UP button of DPad 1 now…
Y axis of DPad 1 mapped to 48 (ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR).
Do you want to map DPad 2? [Y/n] n
Do you want to map TRIGGER_LEFT? [Y/n] Y
Press the TRIGGER_LEFT now…
analog TRIGGER_LEFT mapped to 48 (ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR) (inverted).
Do you want to map TRIGGER_RIGHT? [Y/n] Y
Press the TRIGGER_RIGHT now…
analog TRIGGER_RIGHT mapped to 48 (ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR) (inverted).
Do you want to map the analog stick? [Y/n] Y
Please move the analog stick as far left as possible now…
X mapped to 48 (ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR).
Please move the analog stick as far up as possible now…
Y mapped to 48 (ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR).

Here’s your mapping file:
Save this as “~/.local/share/reicast/mappings/Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Controller.cfg”

[emulator]
mapping_name = Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Controller
btn_escape = 704

[dreamcast]
btn_a = 301
btn_b = 302
btn_x = 300
btn_y = 303
btn_start = 291
axis_trigger_left = 48
axis_trigger_right = 48
axis_x = 48
axis_y = 48

[compat]
axis_dpad1_x = 48
axis_dpad1_x_inverted = no
axis_dpad1_y = 48
axis_dpad1_y_inverted = no
axis_trigger_left_inverted = yes
axis_trigger_right_inverted = yes
axis_x_inverted = no
axis_y_inverted = no

after several tries setup the controller none of the tries make the controller work properly, I try the same thing on a raspberry that I have and the mapping output was different, I will share it with you, maybe that could help you to map your controller,

My controllers name is
Sony PLAYSTATION®3 Controller.cfg

[emulator]
mapping_name = PLAYSTATION®3 Controller
btn_escape = 704

[dreamcast]
btn_a = 302
btn_b = 301
btn_c =
btn_d =
btn_x = 303
btn_y = 300
btn_z =
btn_start = 291
btn_dpad1_left = 295
btn_dpad1_right = 293
btn_dpad1_up = 292
btn_dpad1_down = 294
btn_dpad2_left =
btn_dpad2_right =
btn_dpad2_up =
btn_dpad2_down =
axis_x = 0
axis_y = 1
axis_trigger_left =
axis_trigger_right =

[compat]
btn_trigger_left = 298
btn_trigger_right = 299
axis_dpad1_x = 2
axis_dpad1_y = 3
axis_dpad2_x =
axis_dpad2_y =
axis_x_inverted = no
axis_y_inverted = no
axis_trigger_left_inverted =
axis_trigger_right_inverted =
axis_dpad1_y_inverted = no
axis_dpad1_x_inverted = no

I Have an old config from my retropie. I will test it… when my wife will Allow me to use the TV :slight_smile:

I will try your config too.
thank you

1 Like

Hello friend,

If you want to consider this or just to inform you that I did some tests yesterday on the new 2.5 dev Sx05RE

I have my arcade rom set but I have some roms that does not work because they need the mame2010 core, I guess the core is missing because I did not find it at the /tmp/cores path, If you can add it to the next 2.5 release would be great, I compiled your dev 2.5 version from github yesterday and I still have the problem with the ps3 controller on the ppspp stand alone version and I tried the ppsspp libretro core and the controller work great but now the problem is that the stand alone core works better than the libretro core, I saw some recent changes on your github, so the ppsspp controller will be fix it with that, you are doing a great job, If I can help me you with anything let me know, I don’t speak very good english and I don’t know a lot of linux or how to program but maybe and can help you testing everthing,

1 Like

Hi,

This probably more like coreelec/kodi question, but is there a way to automatically launch Sx05RE when a bluetooth (gamepad) is connected?

Thanks

I don’t suppose that is possible, at least I don’t know how to

Mame2010 is not included but if you are building it yourself you can enable it by editing the sx05re/package.mk and un-commenting this line

# PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET="$PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET mame2010 mame2014"

Thanks I appreciate the offer, right now just testing helps me a lot as its only me and I can’t test on all devices or all the configurations people use, so the more people I can get testing this, the better :slight_smile:

I am glad you found a fix, just FYI the hotkey gets enabled by default now after you set up your controller in emulationstation.

you will LOVE the N2, its amazing how good the emulators run on it, and CoreELEC is working very well!

I just released v2.5 :slight_smile:

Sx05RE add-on v2.5 for CoreELEC

This version bring many changes to the add-on

• OpenBOR is now included under “ports” in Emulationstation, only .pak files are supported and they should go into /storage/roms/openbor
  • Background music in Emulationstation, enable it by going into settings > Sx05RE > BGM. MP3s should go into /storage/roms/BGM, remember only one source of audio can be heard, there is no mixer since I don’t want to use Pulseaudio (resource intensive) and I can’t seem to be able to configure alsa dmixer, so video sound will be muted while BGM is playing.
  • Savestates and other game related saves are now saved on the same place as the ROM file (only Retroarch emulators).
  • Fixed reicast-joyconfig.
  • Fixed Sega CD and Sega 32x.
  • Updated emulators to the latest available.
  • Fix USB mounting if you select to start RA from the settings menu
  • Many small bug fixes.

I could not implement the retropie scripts on this version as they need several other programs I could not get to work on the add-on, yet, but I will keep trying, although I can’t promise anything as I am not sure if they will work at all.

NOTE: If you have an older version of the add-on, this version WILL overwrite your emulationstation and retroarch configuration files (but it won’t delete any themes), as many new changes where introduced to the setting files. If you want to save your configuration you will need to make a backup BEFORE you update

I spent a lot of time and sleepless nights getting this together and testing as much as I can and as always I try to make it easy to update but since I can’t test it on all scenarios you might have a problem updating the script, in this case I suggest you delete the old one and install the new version.

What happened to 2.4 you ask? … you missed it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You forgot to mention drastic:)