EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

not sure if by dual boot you mean getting a selection menu or being able to just have both, if its just both, then yes

@matt77303 @farhanito if you guys want to test it that way I just released a new version

3 Likes

Hello. I installed Sx05RE: Addon Version 2.5. Thanks for your work. But I cant run Reicast. Hangs up. How to configure the controller for Reicast? And the second question - does the Saturn emulator work on your system? Today installed emuELEC v2.5 like clean system and also does not run Reicast. S905X 1/8 Gb. May be low level of RAM? thanks.

Please read the first post.

" Need help?

provide as MUCH information as possible, Box model, dmesg log, etc, etc.
but BEFORE asking for help AT LEAST you need to go to pastebin.com and post all of this files if they are available

/storage/.emulationstation/es_*
/storage/retroarch.log
/storage/sx05re.log
/storage/emulationstation.log

Then post the pastebin url and explain your problem, without logs I will not be answering any help request, I get too many and its hard to focus on all of them without the required information, if you can’t take time to do this, then I won´t take time to help you, easy as that."

1 Like

Sorry for your time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t worry, you are not wasting my time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Havnt got round to testing this cus running some funny builds atm due to problems with playback of tv streams.

Will wait for the Addon.

Matt

@shanti,

I still need kodi so I run EmuELEC from SD while keeping CoreELEC on eMMC.

To switch between them, I created scripts like this… and execute them with ssh.
reboot2ce.sh (on EmuELEC)
#! /bin/sh
mount -o rw,remount /flash
mv /flash/boot.ini /flash/boot.ini.emu
reboot

and
reboot2emu.sh (on CE)
#! /bin/sh
mv /media/EMUELEC/boot.ini.emu /media/EMUELEC/boot.ini
reboot

I know how to add that script on Kodi’s favourite, but how to add reboot2ce to EmuELEC/ES menu?

Thanks

Solution.

1 Like

When should we expect an N2-happy version of the Addon?

Thanks @shanti for this great project!!

Please could you update sx05re addon version to last libretro cores and retroarch to 1.7.7?

Thanks

I made a mistake. I did an update with the retro emulation tar file over my regular coreelec installation and now it won’t boot. What can I do to reverse this?

Not sure why you would do that. but If you had it on SD card you can try and copy your storage partition to your computer then re-flash CoreELEC and move all the files back, that’s all I can think of but never done it.

atomizasser zang74

It will come, been very busy to do an update.

1 Like

I will try that. Thanks.

Hi, very good, I love your work but I have a problem that I do not know what the reason is. When I try to configure the 8bitdo sf30pro command if I do it by USB cable, I recognize all the buttons except the auxiliary ones that have the command to change options in it. However, if I connect it by Bluetooth in Windows mode, the buttons of the triggers do not work. neither the auxiliary buttons of configuration, if I connect it in android mode if it recognizes me all the buttons including the auxiliaries but the right analog does not work in the left position. Is it possible that the drivers for the 8bitdo sf30pro controllers are not in your addon? If you need any information or log do not hesitate to contact me, but I see that the problem may be due to drivers for that command. I have searched even in kodi peripheral profile for 8bitdo command and it does not exist. I await your news about it, thank you.

This is a known issue, that not only happens on EmuELEC but also son Retropie

Good again, asking acquaintances I have managed to make the 8bitdo controls work perfectly, although it is true that it has cost some work. Now I have put a game of fba and another of mame and in these emulators the controls do not work for me. Could you tell me how to enter the menu to configure the commands of these emulators? I say this because all the emulators recognize me the retroarch settings but these are that you have to configure them again by hand in the emulator itself, however I do not know how to access that menu since when starting the game it stops working the configuration of the command and the keyboard. Thanks for your time and attention.

Hi @shanti
I’ve download the last version of emuELEC and i’ve write to SD. I have a minix U9-H box with CoreELEC running perfectly, but after plug sd to boot emuELEC it freeze in EmuELEC loading screen. I’dont know if is doing something because only shows emuelec screening (the mario bros background). Can you help me?
Thanks.

First, can you post how you fixed the issue?

second, I could not understand what you mean. FBA and mame are retroarch cores so they should all be handled by the same configuration.

did you copy the correct DTB for your device?