EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

Good thing what I did was to map the command from emulestation in dinput mode and failed the configuration of the button of the lower right trigger and the movement to the left of the right analog. So those pass the configuration and when you finish you return to the trigger button and it is configured correctly, but the analog does not work, so I enter any emulator, for example, and pulse l3 and r3, I close the game and in settings of control binds the analog that did not go directly on retroarch, so you get it to work in the emulators and not of any problem. The problem I have now on mame, all emulators that I tried to boot recognize me the command and I map it in slot 0 running everything correctly but in mame does not map or recognize the command with which I can not use the command inside the emulator having to restart the box to get out of there. I use a ki pro with coreelec 9.0.2 now although today before updating I used 9.0.1 and the same thing happened.

Solved, was a problem of my SD Card.
I could run emuelec from the SD. My system:
Minix U9-H running fine with CoreELEC + original PS3 controller, detected correctly by USB and Bluetooth.
In emuELEC configuration (running trough SD), I’ve tried some game and all work, but no reicast emulator. After dreamcast logo, date/time screen i cannot select anything. I configured the controller in reicast-joystick.sh script. PS3 controller is detected and i can map my button. I also edit emu.cfg to select correct input and mapping file, but in

In the other hand, i self-compiled emuELEC addon version for CoreELEC 9.0.2 (I had to edit ES_system.cfg to point correct route in addon folder). The roms tested works fine (FBA, megadrive, nes, gb) but reicast show a black screen (i can hear dreamcast logo sound). I’ve read that this could happen on S912 but you solved it changing resolution to and color mode. I copy the build.prop in /storage router but i get always black screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

can i update to CoreELEC 9.0.2 ? i used the Addon version.

@shanti
a merge for the Bounty to add CHD support to PCSX reARMed was just uploaded, we need a compiled version to do some testing, this could allow to save up to 60% space in PSX games and have each game as a single file.

if anyone want to test it:

1 Like

you can use the pbp format

Some of the benefits the CHD support have:
.-lossless compression
.-15-18% better compression than pbp (this makes a bin cue collection almost half its size)
.-its a streamable format, it doesnt need to decompress, just play
.-its increadibly easy to convert entire folders filled with uncompressed psx games with a batch file
.-every disc turns into just one file
.-for copy protected disc (LibCrypt) if you have the .sbi file along the chd file it would work
.-supports redbook audio in flac compression
.-its becoming the defacto standard for libretro cores with support in mame, saturn, pcengine/turbografx, segacd/megacd, psx beetle and dreamcast (I havent tested naomi/atomiswave yet but its the same core)

1 Like

Is possible install to internal emmc?

The same way you would do it for CE, but it is not supported.

Short question. If I (ver 2.5.2) start a Dreamcast Game an core is reicastA none game is launched. If I switch to reicast all is good. Am I missing a file, bios or something to use the your default reicastA core?! Or what is the advantage of reicastA? Thanks :slight_smile:

They both use the same bios (or should) so it might be something else, but as usual, without logs, I can’t help you.

I don’t see why not, but I haven’t tested it, there might be a few problems.

1 Like

No Prob! If i at home these days, i try again and fetch the logs. Btw its awesome what you doing with EmuELEC :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Hi, today Im playing in my s905x to a few psx games and all works slower than few days ago, unplayable. I think that the only change has been the update to Coreelec 9.0.2.
Everybody with the same problem?.

Thanks.

Do you know for sure that that was the only update? maybe you changed some settings in Retroarch?

1 Like

Install to internal work fine tk’s. Is possible insert video on boot?

Yes its possible if you do the changes manually, but if you are using the standalone version, please use discord to ask support for it, this is a thread for the add-on only, a standalone thread will be made soon when I release a version that I consider is good enough. Otherwise this thread might get confusing for other people.

ok, thanks a lot and sorry you didn’t see that it was only for the addon we feel on discord

Yes, sure, I’ll do a fresh install with the new Coreelec 9.0.2 and I’ll take a look to that.
Thanks.

thank you.
i installed addon version with sdcard, it works great. but i have some problem.
gamelist does not working in fba folder.

fba page show me the list for just rom file name with no snap. (ex. art of fight > aof, metal slug>mslug)

snes is good. game name, snap image, etc.
how can i fix this

scrape your roms, gamelist are not automatic, you have to provide them

1 Like