EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

I am no expert on the program, but the Retropie profile should work, just use the correct paths

As I wrote, I can’t find the correct path for the config folder. I pointed the program against the config folder of your addon, but it didn’t like it. Maybe I forgot to tell that I use the kodi addon, and not your stand alone image.
Skraper shows an example of “config” folder which is populated with subfolders, each one named like an emulator (mame, reicast, and so on…). Those subfolders aren’t the same of the roms, but, as I understand, they store only config files. I can’t find such folder.

Anyway of getting addon working on s805?

This adoon work only with coreelec image.
Lakka has images for few s805 boxes.

1 Like

I just pushed v3.2 to github

This is mostly a bug fix release.

A notable change is that the add-on will now appear in the “Game” section of Kodi

Please remove the old add-on before installing this one, also make sure you delete the following folders if they exists.

/storage/.config/amiberry
/storage/.emulationstation
/storage/.config/retroarch

Don’t forget to make a backup copy of those folders if you want to restore your changes.

Hi there! First of al, thank you very much for your time and support with the add-on. I used to use another microsd card for Emuelec.
I have been testing for a while Emuelec add-on in A311D device (khadas vim3) and I have noticed that Dreamcast Flycast emulator goes pretty slow, it is not possible to run games with it.

I have used Reicast instead it works fine but the retroarch menu doesn’t work and the controller buttons are set with rare config. I’m using a ps4 bluetooth controller, I tried with ps3 controller but same happens.

Happy new year! And thanks again for your great support to the community.

Not sure why you are having this problem, the Vim3 is one of the best devices and flycast runs extremely well on it, it might be the game you are playing as not all of them run at 100% otherwise it might be a configuration issue on your side.

Reicast needs gamepad configuration, but unfortunately you will have to do this manually on the add-on using ssh and running reicast-joyconfig.py

I have tested four or five games on it but using Flycast the frames per second and sound sounds awful.
In n64 the only emulator that works well is n64 parallel, the rest don’t work well.

I have tested genesis and master system too it works flawlessly.

Is there any special config in retroarch for psx, Dreamcast or n64 emulator? Or any config in Coreelec that I should change to get the best of it?

Thank you!

You do not mention what device you have, so I am going to guess its a s905 device, that is normal. There is nothing you can do (with the Add-on that is) other than try another game, Psx should run at 60fps tho.

Performance is greatly depended on the power of the box you are using, which you forgot to mention, and chosen emulator.
On my N2 playing n64 games also has a limit. If I use “Mupen64+_Next” I can increase video resolution to max 960x720 (4:3) for good sound reproduction. Resolutions above that distort sound. When using “Parallel” I can increase video resolution to 1280x960 (4:3) before the sound gets distorted…

Thank you for the reply. I use Khadas vim3(16gb and 2 gb RAM) , with the processor it has, it should handle all these kind of emulators.

Well, if there is any config in the emulators (Dreamcast and n64) to make them run faster I would appreciate it.

This is great works, I respect you. I’ve got one question, can I add something to quit menu? When I go back to KODI, HDMI lost everytime. Hang the system I have to disconnect adapter cord power off. So I wanna put ‘shutdown’ and ‘reboot’ to quit menu. Is it easy or have to compile something… compile means impossible to me… :pleading_face: Thank you!

There isn’t, everything comes pre-configured, those 2 systems you mention are both very demanding and it will depend a lot on the game you are playing. you can try and use the core options to change resolution or other settings, but you will have to play around with whatever works for you.

You need to recompile the whole Emulation station with the added modifications, but considering your description I think your setup has bigger problems, maybe hdmi cable is bad?

My problem is right. Because I insist on 4k UI resolution. The problem disappears when I change to FHD UI resolution. However, I prefer 4k resolution even if there are problems for some reason. Anyway, I looked at your EmuELEC’s script and got a hint and applied the shutdown and reboot scripts. It’s easy to solve. thank you for the reply. I love your works!

Apologies for my lack of knowledge and possibly not following this topic correctly. Could you please explain me what is the difference between:

• EmuELEC vs EmuELEC addon version
  • EmuELEC vs Sx05RE addon

?

“EmuELEC addon” is most of the EmuELEC features packaged as a kodi addon, and is meant to be used with CoreELEC for people that want both the CoreELEC features and EmuELEC features.

“EmuELEC” is a full Operating System for Retro gaming and emulation based on CoreELEC, but with kodi removed and a few more features then are possible to implement in the addon version.

Sx05RE is just an older name for the EmuELEC addon.

2 Likes

Psx emu image qually looks still horrible. Is there a better Solution for psx emulator? I want to manual select the internal render resolution like as is in the muppet64 emu, that looks so nice.

And where is the 3.3 Addon Version ?

I am planning on buying a N2 and I have 4 wireless xbox 360 controllers and the wireless windows usb hub, do these work with this addon?

For Addon version 3.2 (louncher) is the last. There is only 3.3 version for full install.