EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

Sorry for the late reply, do you mean this link?

You can follow this updated link to the same file https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/blob/coreelec-9.2/packages/sysutils/systemd/config/system.d/cifs.mount.sample

Can I use USB stick and internal memory both? When I tried this one, EmuELEC recognized USB only. How can I do it? Thank you!

By default no, I am sure you could set it up somehow manually, but not automatic

Its poIs it possible to use the iagl addon together with emuelec? How could it be done? I use emulators from kodi, but unfortunately N64 or dreamcast is not available. So emuelec is a good alternative.

Hi can somone please talk me through how to add drastic to EmuELEC. I am running the add on via CoreELEC.
I see the scripts created by Shanti but need to know how to use them.
Thanks

No idea sorry, I have never used the IAGL addon.

Unfortunately those scripts do not work on the add-on, at least not by launching them from ES, if you can connect to SSH you can replicate the steps manually or downloading this script

to use it, connect by ssh and type

mkdir -p /storage/downloads
cd /storage/downloads
wget -O install-drastic.sh https://gist.github.com/shantigilbert/f95c44628321f0f4cce4f542a2577950
./install-drastic.sh

I did this script a while ago, but in theory it should still work, not sure if you are going to be able to run it tho, as AFAIK it had problems with alpha channels.

I just tried this out of curiosity. Appears it cant even play a megadrive rom without major screen tearing and jerkiness, am i missing something?

Hi I am getting a permission denied error when try to run the install-drastic.sh command.

chmod +x drastisscript.sh

Hi, I managed to munt the roms folder on my NAS via the NFS example script.
I mount every rom folder (mame, psx and so on) and the bios folder too.
When I launch a playstation game I got the missing bios error.
I’m unable to create savestates or save from within games.
I use the EmuElec kodi addon.
Did I miss something?

sounds to me like write permissions

But in which folder are saved the data?
And why bioses are not seen?

I solved the write permissions issue, but ES doesn’t see the following folders:

1. bios
  2. Naomi
  3. AtomisWave
  4. Dreamcast
    I think all is related to the bios problem.
    I checked the mounted folders and the files are there.

I’m having problems switching to mouse emulation mode in P-UAE to play some Amiga games. I’ve seen somewhere in the docs that the Select button should switch between joystick and mouse, but it does nothing. If I hit ‘W’ on the keyboard, I can only see J1, J2, J3 and J4. If I use the analog controller stick on the joypad, J1 and J2 turn to M1 and M2 but I cannot do a left button click to pass the screen.

EDIT : got it by accident… pressing the CTRL key on the keyboard did the trick and switched to mouse mode.

you can check the logs to see why its failing, and you can check es_systems.cfg for correct paths and folder names.

I know is a super noob question, but where are stored the logs (I use the Kodi addon)?

they should be in the add-on directory under a another directory named logs

In the logs dir under /.kodi/addons/script.emuelec.Amlogic-ng.launcher/logs I found emuelec.log which contains infos of the last game played and nothing else.
Then there are 2 symlinks:
es_log.txt -> /storage/.config/emuelec/logs/es_log.txt
es_log.txt.bak -> /storage/.config/emuelec/logs/es_log.txt.bak
But the folder “/storage/.config/emuelec/” doesn’t exist.

Maybe the missing folder is also related with the scraper that doesn’t save any infos.
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/emuelec-retro-emulation-kodi-addon-for-coreelec/3203/769?u=sav

I just installed EmuELEC ver 3.2 as an addon “amilogic-ng” on my new Odroid N2.
NES, SNES and MD are running fine, but I’m missing OpenBOR.
There is no system-setting for “openbor” in $addon/config/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg
On github, there is a openbor-section in this file. What am I missing?
Thx