[Guide] S922X-J (Ugoos AM6b+) CoreELEC installation and FAQs

good day,

I have general playback issue. maybe someone has an idea.

it doesn’t matter which content it happens with movies TV shows or live tv.

and, it always plays perfect after I reboot.

but if I play something or scroll the library for some minutes and looking at info pages from content I cannot play something. I reboot. it works perfect.

only log entry I see is for example that one below

someone an idea how I can fix this? or what I could provide for looking into it.

many thanks!!!

2024-06-21 13:42:42.206 T:4955    error <general>: Open - Unhandled exception
2024-06-21 13:42:42.206 T:4955    error <general>: Open - Error opening /emby_addon_mode/movies/44834586fa8941deb6dfe85b4377ec2c/3/m-100486-958c06e8cff4aa34736457d4325d29a6-795-795-1-1-0-0-6475-0-h264-31786961-truehd-0--Traitor__2008___imdb_tt0988047_____Remux_1080p__TrueHD_5.1__h264_.mkv
2024-06-21 13:42:42.206 T:4955    error <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [videodb://movies/titles/795?xsp=%7b%22rules%22%3a%7b%22and%22%3a%5b%7b%22field%22%3a%22tag%22%2c%22operator%22%3a%22is%22%2c%22value%22%3a%5b%220100%20-%20movies%22%5d%7d%2c%7b%22field%22%3a%22inprogress%22%2c%22operator%22%3a%22true%22%2c%22value%22%3a%5b%5d%7d%5d%7d%2c%22type%22%3a%22movies%22%7d]
2024-06-21 13:42:42.206 T:4955     info <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()

Blame emby? Or post whole kodi debug log. Or try fresh install on separate USB stick without emby?

I like my emby server. and the guys from the next on addon are really nice and helpful I’m here because the message was it seems to be an kodi topic. I have no clue but the issue arise every 30min or so. and I always can play it after reboot. strange…

Re install is the last resort. surely not the first or second step…

and yes. that’s why I asked. I can post the log sure. here? as text? which one of the 9. kodi and crash?

I’m trying to figure out how to create new ones I just has the issue again and then I will post.

Just tested, and I have the same issue with HDR10+ movies (that don’t also have Dolby Vision). Also using an LG C1, running through a Marantz SR 6015 receiver. I hadn’t yet tested a movie that was ONLY HDR10+, I have very few of them, but after hearing about this I tested and had the same issue. First play it went into HDR mode and the colors were messed up and mostly green. Second play it looked perfect (also in HDR mode).

Because I’m genuinely looking to dual boot Android /SmartTube, Audiobookshelf, S0undTV, etc) and CE.

The remote can only be paired with either Android or CE via bluetooth, so I’m trying to use my TV remote via CEC instead.

My setup is Ugoos => AVR (Denon X1800H) => LG C1. While CEC does work for menu selection, audio, etc, it seems I can never get the player to turn on via TV remote.

Ideally I’d love to just use the TV remote to turn on TV+AVR+player, but I’m fine turning on the AVR separately first.

To confirm what I’ve read in this thread so far - this is a bug due to bootloader encryption and the only workaround is leaving the player on at all times or set it to suspend instead of shut down?

I just wanna make sure I’m not too stupid to set it up. I tried to read up on CEC as much as I could, especially with the signal having to pass through the AVR, but it’s quite confusing.

Edit: Also, all the changes to settings I make to the CEC Adapter under Input => Devices get reset on reboot.

Was curious if anyone is having audio sync issues with MKV? With some devices in the past I have had to set a global offset in the menu of my AVR. Haven’t figured out what it is and if it changes with different refresh rate.

I got a new TV at the same time so I am trying to figure out if something was added with the TV. My Chain is Ugoos==>Denon x3500==>TCL QM8

Working great here, no issues with sync, but I have my boxes connected directly to the TVs (LG C3) and use eARC to my receiver or soundbar.

Good to know thanks, I haven’t done a ton of testing, as I said the addition of the new tv added a new layer to troubleshooting. I have always used my AVR as a switch in the past with good results. Hope to keep that up.

Since this AVR is a 2018 model, I’d prefer Ugoose AM6B+ → new TCL QM8 → eARC → old Denon X3500…

If you don’t mind a 2nd remote in the mix you can use an IR remote to power on the box.

I leave my box on 24/7 but if you wanted you can use the included remote to turn on, then another remote for CEC functions.

What would be the benefit there if I don’t care about gaming features?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Question for Ugoos AM6 Plus owners

A post was merged into an existing topic: [s922x] UGOOS AM6

Fix your .mkv audio sync issues ?

Ha well yes that would be great. I didn’t know if you were referring to HDMI advancements that were being missed by using the receiver first. I’ll give earc a try this weekend.

My second box stopped working correctly after just two days. HDMI output went dead and there was nothing I could do. One second it was updating its video database and then “no HDMI signal”. I could log into SSH no problem, tried rebooting, tried booting from USB, tried a different cable and a different TV (cable and TV where the other box keeps on working just fine).

This is going back and I’ve ordered a new one, hoping to have better luck. It’s sad that quality control is bad with these…

On a different subject, there’s one thing I wanted to ask/clarify.

With these boxes we have to keep dual boot active, so Android remains there in the background (not executed in background, don’t misunderstand me). My question is: if, from time to time, I need to internet browse from my TV, can I boot back into Android and use Chrome or Firefox there? Do I risk compromising CoreELEC partitions in any way? And how do I get back to CE later?

Thanks.

Please ignore, see here: [Guide] Ugoos AM6b+ CoreELEC installation - #505 by ashlar

Box runs great as is, are you experiencing any problems?

It’s not a matter of having problems, I don’t (apart from the second box I bought frying its HDMI output after two days, as outlined above).

It’s just that a faster clock on the two big cores could result in snappier performance and I simply want to understand if the current configuration is simply left over from old S922X chips or if it’s a conscious decision for whatever reason.

EDIT: if you check here: Amlogic - Wikipedia you can see that the clocks are configured as if the box was using a S922X and not a S922XJ.

Hmmm… although the code I posted from dispinfo appears to me remmed out, so maybe all is good. Hope to get confirmation on this.

EDIT 2: Found out all is good, using lscpu this is the output:

Architecture:           aarch64
  Byte Order:           Little Endian
CPU(s):                 6
  On-line CPU(s) list:  0-5
Vendor ID:              ARM
  Model name:           Cortex-A53
    Model:              4
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 2
    Socket(s):          1
    Stepping:           r0p4
    CPU(s) scaling MHz: 100%
    CPU max MHz:        1800.0000
    CPU min MHz:        500.0000
    BogoMIPS:           48.00
    Flags:              fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
  Model name:           Cortex-A73
    Model:              2
    Thread(s) per core: 1
    Core(s) per socket: 4
    Socket(s):          1
    Stepping:           r0p2
    CPU(s) scaling MHz: 100%
    CPU max MHz:        2208.0000
    CPU min MHz:        500.0000
    BogoMIPS:           48.00
    Flags:              fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32

I am not sure I am having a problem with my browser or not but the when I go to the nightly page to download the latest version it stopped on the June 23th version nothing after that???