[Guide] S922X-J (Ugoos AM6b+) CoreELEC installation and FAQs

1.It is working now for the GUI when updating my old USB installation via smb share but now its limited to HDR…Dolby Vision playback is dead. Is there a setting i missed ?

2.A fresh install with the generic build + your copy of g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6b.dtb works for me.
From there i will need to restore all my add-ons and setting but at least, it fixe everything.
Thanks

For instructions on how to set cpm’s version configuration including “VS10 engine” and “EDID Override” please see both threads below:

I just received a new box today with 0.5.4n installed. I was able to install CoreElec 8/03 general build, with all the bells and whistles; and tested a few regular DV, mel, and FEL titles within the MKV. Everything works fine, truehd + atmos passes, it seems to work well so far. My index.bdmv videos get OOS when I skip around, but I think that’s a known bug for everyone; the DV p7 still gets read fine from the bdmv folder.

Has anyone here used their external Blu-ray drive with coreelec?there are some blurays I don’t have the space for and I got rid of my player before my ugoos arrived without thinking ahead of space issues

I suggest you post Mediainfo from one of the files that do not activate Dolby and the file that it does activate it on your soundbar.
Hard to suggest anything else.

Hello

I just ordered the AM6B+ to replace my Shield Pro 2019, I have couple of questions if it’s OK.

1. I will first flash slimBOXtv to get AndroidTV version, I guess I can then dual boot Coreelec using the ceemmc tool, right? anyone using slimBOXtv+CE?

2. I’m using the Samsung S90C soft modded to S95C (1300-1350 nits) + Q990C soundbar, what is the recommended CE build to use to be able to get DV playback on non DV TV? by that I mean to get the full DV layer and not only HDR10 which I get today with the Shield Pro 2019.

Thanks

I cannot help you with your first question. In regards to the second question from my experience the best version to install for your needs (DV playback on non DV TV) is cpm’s version T4. In your case I think the settings that will work best for you are:

• Mode: On Demand
  • Type: Player Led (HDR)
  • Dolby VSVDB: On (and follow the menu options below it according to your TV specs)
  • HDR InfoFrame: Set according to the spreadsheet attached below for your TV specs
  • Colorimetry: disabled or BT.2020nc (test to see which works best for you)
  • The following options on the menu are more of a personal viewing taste but as a general guideline if you have your TV fully calibrated for SDR and HDR then leave everything “off”. If you do not have your TV fully calibrated for SDR and HDR then set everything to “Dolby Vision” except setting “off” for HDR10+ (given your Samsung), HLG HDR (given an AMLogic bug), and of course Dolby Vision.

cpm’s T4 version:

HDR InfoFrame spreadsheet:
dolby_vsvdb_calc_MOD_6.xlsm (59.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you! I think I got the answer on first question and I should be able to dualboot it.

I will get back as soon as I have the box at home, but if I understood correctly I do flash cmp’s version on microSD/USB instead of nightly? or first normal/nightly CE then cmp’s version? I guess it’s manual update only for cmp’s versions? Thanks.

You first have to do a fresh full install of CE by following all of the instructions on the beginning of this thread (do not skip any steps including the “recommended settings” on the linked post and the “remote control configuration” steps). The current instructions on the beginning of this thread includes the additional manual install/update of cpm’s build (Installing CPM bin) given the additional features it has and the fix for the ATEME bug.

After you complete all of the steps above make sure your settings for CE’s updates is set to “Manual” and not to automatic or else you could have your cpm version override by a standard CE nightly update.

For more details on how to manually install/update to cpm’s build tar file by copying it to an USB drive and moving it to the .update folder see below link, specifically section “2. Kodi File Manager”. Make sure to follow all steps including the “Requirements” section:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:smb#network_transfer

After you complete all updates and configuration/settings including the settings I recommended in my first reply to you, I would recommend backing up all of your configuration/settings per instructions below:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:backup

1 Like

I’m in the same situation as you.
After the TV-LED plays Dolby Vision, UGI and playback HDR turn blue.
After the Player LED plays Dolby Vision,UGI and HDR turn purple-green. If the restart after the boot will be normal again.
I found that the reason was because “Tone map SDR to HDR” was turned on. We’ll be fine when we turn this off.

If you are using cpm’s version with all correct settings and are still having screen color problems after playing certain movies then there is a new cpm updated version T4A that resolves this problem (see link below). If you are not experiencing this problem then you can stay with cpm version T4 and there is no need to update.

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: [S922X] Ugoos AM6(+)

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: [S922X] Ugoos AM6(+)

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [S922X] Ugoos AM6(+)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Hi guys, am assuming this is an Ugoos AM6b+ installation question as I don’t know where else to put it :slight_smile:

I got the Ugoos plugged into HDMI 2 of the Sony Bravia TV and the TV input shows it as HDMI2 “Recorder_1” which is a very strange name, right? I renamed it in TV settings to be HDMI2 “Ugoos” but the HDMI2 input still always says “Recorder_1”. Weird right? Is there anything in the CE or the Ugoos itself that could be forcing the word “Recorder_1”? I haven’t changed any name settings in CE or the box itself.

Edit : Where would the name “Recorder_1” even be coming from? It’s not even an input name setting on the TV. And the only two things plugged into the TV HDMI ports are the Ugoos and E-ARC Sony soundbar (HDMI3). And I never had other devices plugged into there.

I too have a Sony Bravia and just renamed the HDMI Port to Kodi in the TV Settings. It should be that simple.

It’s probably from the CEC data.
In Kodi, go to Settings/System/Input/Peripherals/CEC Adapter, CEC client device mode.
You can pick Recording Device, Playback Device, or Tuner Device.

1 Like

Yep, vlix, that was the culprit. Changing that setting to device playback then restarting resulted in the port now saying CoreELEC instead of Recorder_1. Cheers :slight_smile:

@Astrotrain , just a thought for your first post on this great Guide, I think it is a requirement to have the Ugoos firmware to be at the 0.5.4 version. If that is the case then I would recommend to include that as a pre-requirement note and a link to the correct/official Ugoos firmware version. There was some discussion on different CE threads with folks struggling to get CE to work because they were using an older version of the firmware or using the wrong version of the firmware. Based on rho-bot post the correct/recommended version is the non-DualBoot non-ota version.