[Guide] S922X-J (Ugoos AM6b+) CoreELEC installation and FAQs

Not sure whether I am doing something wrong or that is a known issue, but m2ts with FEL DoVi and HD audio playback is awful. At best there is noticeable judder, which gets substantially worse if you rewind or ff, at worst there are serious A/V desync issues, like audio starting from the beginning if you play a video not from the start (like Avatar: The Way of Water). If I rip those discs into a ST/DL mkv instead it works as intended. Any advice would be appreciated.

Not sure if you already changed the following settings:

Settings->Services->Caching

• Buffer mode - cache settings to ALL methods: smb, local, remote, etc (default ignores local playback)
  • Read factor - Set to ā€œAdaptiveā€ (default is 4x).
  • Memory size - Set ā€œ64mbā€ cache size (default is only 20mb).

Yes, I did. I donā€™t think it has anything to do with caching though since it plays just fine when ripped into mkv with the same bitrates and codecs fron the same storage.

Does it happen to all of the rips that you have m2ts with FEL DoVi and HD audio playback or just some of them?

All of them, but some are definitely playing even worse than the rest.

Playback issues with DV P7 FEL in M2TS/BDMV/ISO format have been reported on the forum repeatedly already.

Unfortunately, none of the developers have had time to look into it yet.

1 Like

Thank you. The description and the guide make it seem like M2TS DT-DL playback works fine, and there is nothing in the known issues section either.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Set Android boot priority over CE

I updated the know issues section to make it clearer.

2 Likes

Anyone have any luck getting the bootloader blob BL301 injection tool working on the AM6b+? If I understand correctly Iā€™ve read that this means bootloader is locked but was a very old comment/post. Am wanting it so I can configure
the IR wakeup command as described in 07. CoreELEC: IR Wakeup Code Ā· CoreELEC/remotes Wiki Ā· GitHub

Starting bootloader blob BL301 injection toolā€¦
This tool can be used to update the bootloader
blob BL301 of the vendor bootloader on the internal
eMMC. This bootloader blob BL301 is customized by
Team CoreELEC to support all wake-up features like
CEC, Wake-On-LAN, IR, and GPIO wake-up from
suspend or power off state!
Device serial number: 290b4000010911000002353333524350
Using CPU type G12B (29): S922X, A311D
Using binary type because of CoreELEC DT-ID: Generic
Using /dev/bootloader as bootloader partition
Did not find Amlogic image header magic! Error - exit!

I solved this problem with a multi protol config file, and learned the power key from the Ugoos remote to my Arcam remote.
arcam (921 Bytes)
rc_maps.cfg (828 Bytes)

Blob BL301 injection canā€™t be done on latest AM6 firmwares as Ugoos started encrypting the bootloader since firmware 0.3.9

1 Like

and would it not be possible for Ugoos to offer solution to unlock it? they answer pretty quickly when contacting them.

no, itā€™s locked via efuse mechanism on the chip (physical write-once thing). once done, itā€™s done.

1 Like

lol what do they gain by doing that?

1 Like

I just got my Ugoos AM6+ in the mail and setup CE using the wonderful guide in this thread but I am confused about a couple of things. My usecase for using this box is strictly to play DV UHD MKV remuxes of my 4k movies only. I dont care about anything else.

1. I installed the 8/17 21.1 nightly build of CE yesterday and I see that as of today, 21.1 is officially released. Does that mean I dont need to download nightly builds anymore to get the FEL 7 DV support purchased the Ugoos AM6+ for?

2. I did everything in he guide except ā€œInstalling CPM binā€. What is this for? doesnt the CE 21.1 have all the fixes in it?

FEL P7 has been in Am6b+ for months. The latest 21.1 stable just fixes a few known bugs. You should able to use stable now and take advantage of those fixes.

CPM build has additional capability that has not made it into the 21.1 official release. VS10 chroma upscaling engine (on the fly SDR/HDR ā†’ DV) and ability to add DV onto HDR only panels like Samsung.

I am not 100% sure but I do not think that the ATEME bug got resolved on the 21.1 official release? This bug is resolved on the cpm build.

They donā€™t want competition using their firmwares.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [S922X] Ugoos AM6(+), Help & Support