Homatics Box R 4K Plus

I have the Dune Homatics and use it with an IR remote and can confirm that it shuts down and restarts successfully on sending KEY_POWER.

The Dune Homatics, like the Homatics R Plus also, has no µSD on board?

What is Dune Homatics?

It’s Dune OR Homatics, two different vendor, two different PCBs.
Nokia 8010 and RockTek do have again another PCB as well.

Someone please write a table about all available vendor/PCB/configs?

Dune HD Homatics Box R 4K Plus” << that is what they call it.

There is a table, also shared here as I recall, but PCB version is not in them.

We’re aware of that but it’s easier to distinguish between devices if we just use the final vendor name, homatics, dune, Nokia, etc

Here is the current known versions…

Add by moderator:
Here is better table with differences: Homatics/Dune/Nokia/Rocktek Dolby Vision

3 Likes

Thanks @vpeter :+1: Works fine

Using just Homatics could be confusing if you want to buy one online. I think only the Box R 4K Plus has the Dolby Vision yet they have similar look and names Streaming Media Player – Homatics

That’s not what I meant, use Homatics full name everytime you want to. I just wanted to distinguish the dune version from the Homatics one in specific conversations.

My Dune also powers on with the IR remote.

One add’l thing to note:

When auto powered on by the Dune box power-up, my TV defaults to its own home screen. An extra button press (any one) on the Dune remote will switch it to the Dune’s screen and everything works fine.

Would be nice to not need that (so as not to confuse an SO). Not a big deal for myself and most I suppose.

Dear @vpeter,
I see, thats the blue led light was good some nightlys earlier, not disturbingly strong.
But with the last some nightly that go to double strong. In the Atv led setting 5 the smallest, currently in the CE, fit to ATV led setting 10.
How can we back set to smallest brightness as possible? thx

1 Like

Would it be possible for Homatics to replace their version of Kodi with the Coreelec version. That would negate the need to boot from usb and shutdown and wake would work perfectly along with HD audio and Dolby vision.

@Portisch This movie switches to dolby vision then switches to hdr and back to dolby vision.

sample
https://gofile.me/5QThw/I2NpqLfFd

Homatics version of Kodi is under android. CoreELEC is its own OS. Did you try the power saving menu? I also set my box like this

I did try the power save menu but no good result. I would like to try the hack you pointed to but its a bit beyond me. I have ssh into my machine before to add keymaps but I had much clearer instructions for that. The way this is written assumes you know what your doing when in fact I don’t :anguished:

That’s not going to work, because we make changes to both Kodi and the kernel to make things work correctly. In addition, Android uses a completely different video pipeline, so it wouldn’t really work regardless.

LOL I figured it was too good to be possible or someone would have done it already.

It’s mostly copy/paste in the terminal and instead of vi to edit config file, use nano.

Nothing was changed in this area. And about what numbers you are talking about (5 and 10)? Where do you set this in CE (because I’m not familiar with them)?

The brightness in CE has values from 0 (LED off) to 4 which is max brightness. It is set by command in terminal

echo 1 >/sys/devices/platform/soc/fe000000.apb4/fe06c000.i2c/i2c-3/3-003c/leds/bct3236/brightness

and checked by command

cat /sys/devices/platform/soc/fe000000.apb4/fe06c000.i2c/i2c-3/3-003c/leds/bct3236/brightness

But this brightness is little confusing because when we set the color we also set the intensity of it.
Which consecutive set also brightness of the LED.

Color is set in DTB but also from terminal with command

echo 101010 >/sys/devices/platform/soc/fe000000.apb4/fe06c000.i2c/i2c-3/3-003c/leds/bct3236/edge_color_on

where 101010 is the default blue color.
This 101010 is represented as RRGGBB (red, green, blue) and we set the intensity of separate RGB LED. Values are in HEX form from 00 to FF.
00 is off, FF is maximal intensity.

Beside setting color for edge_color_on there ais also edge_color_off and edge_color_suspend.

You can add echo line to autostart.sh to fix your issue but I checked last nightly build and value is still 1 for me.

Would be good to understand what went wrong for you.

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Homatics LED addon