Homatics Box R 4K Plus

No no, don’t get me wrong I just said what I read in the forum. If that is so, I will also implement. That’s why I ask here in the forum.

I tried to implement this but get an invalid parameter, segmentation fault Line 16 (mouse_begin) when I SSH command

ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0

You need to save the content to file /storage/.config/remote.conf.

It’s really a matter of preference.
I haven’t really seen a difference between viewing 720p or SD content at native resolution (with whitelist) and just letting the box upscale it to 1080p and then having the display upscale from 1080p to the display’s native resolution.
By setting GUI at 1080P 50Hz, you completely avoid AFR switching and the black screen effect when watching live tv.
When watching higher quality content, AFR is still active, and will adjust accordingly.

I saved the Unix text file as remote.conf in the .config directory. It has the correct extension (no .txt)

It doesn’t appear to work…

B21 BT directional functionality has worked since pairing originally, but the OK key (and likely others) do not.

edit: works. Had to disable BT connection to it.

As Arthur said it’s only important for content below 1080p. The rest is upscaled by the tv just the same.

I now have an ethernet issue on the DuneHD box.

Wifi works fine, but wired obtains an odd address (169.xxx.xxx) instead of my local network (192.xxx.xxx).

Samba discovery is not available via wired. I cannot see any shares nor can I see the box from a windows PC.

Its connected to a dumb switch which has no issue with the other devices connected to it.

I can see its MAC ID on my router and it shows a (192.xxx) address. What is being changed and how do I fix it?

I tried manually using the IP my router assigned but there is no change. It seems its maybe a network driver issue?
Any ideas?

dmesg | paste

Or even better: enable terminal sharing - coreelec:term_share [CoreELEC Wiki]

@aszi Thank you for the remote.conf. I use it on my Dune HD also with success.

I also trained my Harmony 350 remote, so that it works, too.

But now I tried to assign some of the other keys on the Harmony remote to further Kodi functionality, e.g. fast forward/backward. For this I learned the fast forward/backward buttons on the Harmony from another remote. And than tried to read the keycode from kodi to add them to the remote.conf. But it seems not to work. It seems that I got a wrong factory code from them.

Maybe someone has idea how to use the other keys from the Harmony?

So this setup works fine while playing individual files, but when I play a blu-ray rip including the full menu, I cannot get the OSD or the main menu of the blu-ray to display. Is there anything I can do about that? I tried to configure various settings through the Keymap Editor addon, but that doesn’t seem to do anything.

By the way the same is true when I use my TV’s remote through HDMI-CEC. All I can do when playing a full blu-ray is to press the Stop-button which stops playback completely.

I guess you can look here for some keymap
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360250

Hi all,

I was able to get in to coreelec on my homatics box r 4k plus.

When playing either a blu ray remux mkv or 4k with dv mkv, the video pauses… file size ranges from 25 gb to 80+. I play these over my network, any idea what is causing this? Anyone else having this issue? I am using nfs shares on my synology nas.

edit : i am running coreelec off a sandisk cruzer glide 3.0 64gb

Thanks, I had already tried that, but it doesn’t work. Somehow the longpress actions are not recognized when playing a blu-ray with menu. When in Kodi, longpress works just fine (the Input key is mapped to Menu and when longpressed, Kodi opens the context menu as expected).

Few years back not all buttons worked in BR menus. Not sure what the situation is this days but I doubt it is much better because BR menus doesn’t have high priority in Kodi.

Today my Nokia 8010 arrived, have pulled the current image and problems, such as with the First Release (Network and so on).

Then I made a new Instalation with an release from 22.04 and it ran everything immediately, update made and all good.

It is indicated under hardware that I have a Rocktek G2 but I do not care.

A post was split to a new topic: Physical button execute script

I tried large MKVs, it plays fine.
The boot media doesn’t affect anything.
Make sure that the connection speed with your router\switch is 1gbit and not 100mbit.

connection is fine, i even put activated wifi and same issue. i can try a different port / restart the switch.

can you confim you are using homatics box 4 4k plus also wat dbd are you using?

We had now the chance to test Dune-HD device by ourselves. They mention FEL support for like R 4K Plus or Boxy. This only cover that the devices are able to play such profile 7 media. The truth is profile 7 is converted to profile 8.1 by keep the RPU.

This is a similar method like CoreELEC uses by the help of the tool libdovi.

The statement from Amlogic right now is FEL will not be supported at all. The limitation is the proprietary kernel module dovi.ko. So there is nothing we can do until Amlogic change their mind and release a module what is able to handle FEL.

We know they are able to as it works on “older” devices by using kernel 4.9.

1 Like

Using the SEI 280 DTB, and of course I’m using the homatics :slight_smile: