Homatics Box R 4K Plus

It’s possible the device do some “key press” by itself.
This happen because there is a floating analog input what can cause on certain level different key press.

Open a SSH connection and try this;

mf
cd /flash
fdtput -t s dtb.img /adc_keypad status disabled
sync
reboot

Then observe if it might solve your issue.

I have cec off in the CE. When I try to off the box, from 10 to 8 rebooted imediately. Sometimes power off normal. I need to check, I have 3 different CE installation, different nightlys.

Earlier today, the problem seemed to “fix” itself.
I went ahead and ran your script using Putty, and the TV DOES stay off.
thanks.

Where are the CEC settings in CE?

https://kodi.wiki/view/CEC

That is a lot of reading, but thank you. I prefer to NOT use the CEC function on any of my devices.

Hi everyone! Thank you for the guide! I followed it and CoreELEC is up and running on my Nokia 8010. Awesome software!

Currently only have two issues:

• Is it possible to start up CoreELEC using the remote after shutting it down from the menu? I followed up Nokia 8010 remote instructions, every button works but I can’t start it up. Currently the only way to start it again is pulling the cable out and in again.

• Does DV work for Full UHD ISO? On remuxes it works flawlessly but full UHD ISO fallback to HDR only.

Thank you very much!

Hello, I have a Nokia 8010 box, and after installing coreelec, it tells me an error with DV on the main page, saying that it is necessary to update the firmware to version 5.4.210, but when updating, it tells me that I am on the latest version 5.4.180. Does anyone know if there is somewhere to find and manually install the 5.4.210 update? Thanks in advance for the advice

You need to update Android firmware which uses kernel 5.4.210. If exists.

1 Like

You need contact the streamview guys for the update.

Same with my 8010. Reply from support:

Thank you for your message.

The latest update for your device (build .5554) was paused due to functionality issues for some of its features.
Our technical team is currently working on an update to Android 12 for your device, with all new features working, which will be rolled out soon to all devices. 

If there are any other questions or requests that we can help you with, we kindly ask you to please reply to this email.

Thank you for contacting our support service!
1 Like

In the meantime you can put correct version of dovi.ko kernel module from one working device (like Homatics) and put into folder /storage on your device. But someone needs you to give the file. And no, we can’t provide it.

File is /android/vendor/lib/modules/dovi.ko.

I also thought, isn’t functional Dolby Vision needed, for example, with one of the previous versions of COREELEC? So that the current version of the firmware for the Nokia 8010 is sufficient. Thank you in advance for your answer.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I try this version…

I’m probably looking for something wrong, but I can’t find this version (20230628) anywhere. Does anyone have a download link for this nightly version for Nokia 8010 please?

But this is the backup file if I’m not mistaken? Does that mean I should flash some alpha version and then load this backup?

It’s an update file. You can burn any ne img and then update with this tar.

Understood that you cannot or will not provide such a file.
But as I guess we have to wait some time for the update (to me they even said it’s gonna come “very soon”) and I rely on full functionality of CoreELEC - is anyone able to provide me with such a file? Someone who is on 5554 (Nokia)?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS.: Yes, the alpha version from June works quite well. But I’d prefer a recent 20.3 version nevertheless for the sake of some addons (eg. PlexKodiConnect).