How to configure VFD

Sorry for my mistake! The first Number disappear because the Flashlight. The First Conf shows Correct Time, allways 4 Numbers.

It’s the right time.

So, that is the first conf. I have tried by myself, but the Clock colon don’t working

Ok, thanks. I think this box has a FD650 controller, which is different from FD655(1).
Try this config. I think it’ll show icons now, but they may not be in the correct order.
t95-plus-s905x4-vfd.conf (1.2 KB)

1 Like

Everything works correct now!

I changed vfd_chars=‘2,0,1,2,3’ to vfd_chars=‘3,1,2,3,4’ and
vfd_dot_bits=‘1,4,5,6,0,2,3’ to vfd_dot_bits=‘1,0,5,0,3,4,1’

I’m confused a little bit, but it works. Brightness works correct, too.
Can that be correct ? The dot_bits looks not really correct!

The FD650 has support for 4 chars of 8 segments. The time is made with 7 segments, and each char uses the remaining bit\segment to drive the colon and icons.
It’s a hack these manufacturers use to get the most out of the limited hardware they use.
And the internal mapping that the driver uses can be pretty confusing, but if you tested your config, and all of the icons are correct (like blinking colon, USB, wifi and ethernet all light up when they are supposed to) then your config should be fine.
Have you confirmed that USB and Ethernet only light up when they’re supposed to? If yes, I’ll use your config and push the file to the repo.

Yes all Icons work correct. I disabled/enabled Ethernet and Wifi. USB all so.
Thanks for help!

1 Like

If it’s help the first 3 vfd_dot_bits:
1 = Wifi
0 = USB
5 = Ethernet,
The others, no Idea :slightly_smiling_face:
I have tried some changes, but then the Display still off.

Ok, so does this look correct/work?

It doesn’t work. USB flash, Wifi and Ethernet doesn’t work. I can try to find another conf to work.

But it uses the same values you gave me, what’s changed that it doesn’t work now?

Not the same I used vfd_dot_bits=‘1,0,5,0,3,4,1’, and your last conf use vfd_dot_bits=‘1,0,5,6,4,2,3’
I try tomorrow some changes. I’m think the 3 at the end do the USB flash

No problem, I’ll use the bits you had. Is that the only change you had to make to my file?

Sorry, I have tried some changes. For now the Conf i’m use seem to only work correct .
I’ve tried to change the dot bits ,thats all Numbers from 0-6 in. But if i change the last 4, i have no Indicator or some missing.

Please attach the file you use (that works), it’ll make things simpler.

This one:

Thanks. What is this for? Does it still work without these two lines?

vfd_gpio_clk='0,60,0'
vfd_gpio_dat='0,61,0'

Sorry i have changed it. I have tried some other things ! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

Is it ok without these two lines?

Yes, it’s OK. I have delete the two lines and reuploaded the conf in Post 935.

1 Like

Ok, I pushed this config to the github repo, thanks.

1 Like