By following the guides on this forum, and using the recommended methods of installation / update, most of the time you’ll encounter no issues with your CoreELEC installation.
With that said, as with all great software, sometimes an update can (re)introduce unforeseen glitches, clashes with addons and the like, that were not detected prior to release.
If you believe that you have an issue, that is still evident after trying the simple tips that follow, then by all means, bring it to the forums to seek a solution.
Before posting, please ensure that the same problem exists after making a backup of your current CoreELEC installation to external media and trying the following:
- Ensure that you have applied the correct .tar file for your device to update your CE installation
- Try a clean full install (using the correct img.gz / dtb.img file for your device) and then restore your CE backup.
- Try a clean full install (using the correct img.gz / dtb.img file for your device) and then manually re-install your addons
- Try using a different (class 10) SD card and / or different USB flash-drive.
- Try using a new (class 10) SD / USB flash-drive.
If the issue still exists, after trying all of the suggestions above then, after catching up with forum etiquette, create a thread in the appropriate category, describing your issue and CoreELEC installation details, not forgetting to attach / link to your debug.log.
This will minimise the chance of your issue being user-related, allowing the devs to continue to concentrate on making CoreELEC even more impressive, instead of resolving issues that don’t necessarily require their expertise.
Thanks to all, for your co-operation.