Please check out our guides section before opening a thread, by using the recommended installation and update methods, most of the time you will encounter no issues with your CoreELEC installation.
With that said as with all great software, sometimes an update can re/introduce problems that were not detected prior to release.
If you believe that you have an issue, that is still evident after trying the simple tips that follow, then feel free to open a thread.
Before posting, please ensure that the same problem exists after making a backup of your current CoreELEC installation to external media and trying the following:
- Ensure that you have applied the correct .tar file for your device to update your CoreELEC installation
- Try a clean full install (using the correct img.gz / dtb.img file for your device) and then restore your CoreELEC backup.
- Try a clean full install (using the correct img.gz / dtb.img file for your device) and then manually re-install your addons
- Try using a different (class 10) SD card and / or different USB flash-drive.
- Try using a new (class 10) SD / USB flash-drive.
If the issue still exists, after trying all of the suggestions above then, after catching up with forum etiquette, create a thread in the appropriate category, describing your issue, how to reproduce it and a debug log.
Please include a debug log with all bug reports as this greatly increases your chances of anyone taking an interest in your issue.
The best way to do this:
- Enable debug logging:
Settings > System > Logging > Enable debug logging
- Reproduce the issue
- Upload the log:
Settings > CoreELEC > System > Submit Log > Upload latest Kodi log
- Post the URL in the forum with a description of the problem
In the case of Kodi crashing use the
Upload latest Kodi crash log option.
Bug reports without a suitable log will often be ignored - no debug log, no issue - or at best will take much longer to be investigated.
Sometimes component-specific logging may be useful depending on the issue.
If you are reporting an Audio/Video issue then turn on ‘Verbose logging for the Audio/Video component’ and repeat as above.