This is the mod of the original CE 9.2.0 which runs on rootfs ext4 file system.
You can test it after few steps of an easy installation process. The procedure takes only a few minutes - depending on the size of your used storage folder.
The install script will
- gather data of eMMC
- count the appropriate partition address and size parameters and store them in local envs
- check the free space original Android file system and resize the data partition
- create new ext4 partition exclusively for CE
- copy all the necessary files from storage to the new ext4 partition
This workaround will let both systems run from eMMC’s appropriate partition which are the halves of the original data partition. The installed and used CE system data will be copied to the new storage by the installer script.
The system will start from SD/USB as before but it is only for load and run the kernel from that.
The new system will not allow to update as usual.
- to install this mod you have to start CE from SD/USB as always.
- download and copy the install-script and the modified kernel image to the Backup share of CE
- login via SSH and type this 3 lines
chmod +x install_ng_ext4.sh
The whole procedure will run automatically and no user interaction need, after reboot the system will run on the ext4 partition.
More details on the Hungarian Prohardver forum (only Hungarian language pls)
Link for download is here.