Interesting DV

CoreELEC doesnā€™t support DV right now, at all.
It also depends on your device, most of them donā€™t support DV either.

Your file is pure DV, it doesnā€™t have any fallback layers such as HDR10, therefore itā€™s played in wrong colors.
You can try to play it directly from your TVā€™s player.

Good Morning,

Is there away to enable Dolby Vision on CoreELEC on Minix U22. ā€¦As Currently Iā€™m in a huge dilemmaā€¦ I like CoreELEC as its light weight and Dolby Atmos and DTS X Passthrough Work without any issues, as these donā€™t work on Android but on the other Hand Dolby Vision doesnā€™t Work and iā€™m stuck with HDR 10 @ 10BITā€¦ whilst if i use kodi on the Minix Android OS Dolby vision works and there a difference in the picture quality.

Thanks,
Et

No, there is no way

Thanks for your reply. I assumed that is the reply unfortunatelyā€¦ It seems that this isnā€™t something which is going to happen any time soon.

You can search the forum.
It was explained many times.

i got this answer 2 years ago :slight_smile:

1 Like

And unfortunately you may get it two years from now.

(Just add a rule to ignore files with ā€˜DV.ā€™ in their name in your downloading (if that is what youā€™re doing) - and move on with your lifeā€¦with any luck HDR10+ will become dominant and another stupid proprietary format will kick the bucketā€¦)

1 Like

The only solution when someone build a 32-bit CoreELEC.

1 Like

Most hardware doesnā€™t support DV regardless if the software does

@bossanova808 that will never happen. Itā€™ll be the other way around. DV is the dominant dynamic HDR As opposed to HDR10+, as Netflix have them onboard. Scale wins, but whatever.

How much work would it take for a 32bit CoreELEC?

I did it once but with lots of stuff disabled. Itā€™s possible but too much work too little time.
If I would guess I would say 3-6 months if someone works full time on it.

2 Likes

Can you upload an alpha test version with disabled stuffs? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I donā€™t think I have it anymore.

Hi all,

Probably been asked before, and also probably a noob question but I would appreciate an answer.

I have an Odroid N2 running the latest CE Matrix thatā€™s connected to a compatible DV TV. I know CE and the N2 do not support DV, but what is the result if I try and play a DV video?

TIA and sorry about the noob question again.

EDIT: My reason for asking is Iā€™m having issues streaming a 4K 18Mbps DV video on the N2 from a Hosted Plex Server. The video is very jerky, buffering and skipping forward just 1 minute or resuming just gives me a black screen forever and the waiting symbol.

If I have the same video, 4K 18Mbps, but in HDR and not DV thereā€™s no issues at all.

Wrong colors - not watchable

1 Like

The results of trying to watch a DV video, depends on the type of DV video you are trying to play.
It can range from doesnā€™t play to color being off to nothing noticeable besides it just not being played in DV.

I have some Dolby Vision .MP4 files that are only supported on my Android TV with a modified/special (but old) version for Android ā†’ GitHub - fandangos/Kodi-HDR-Edition: Kodi HDR Edition
(The issue is the typical green/violet coloring. Same issue with Kodi-Nexus on Win10 and Android)

Will this issue be sorted out in future Kodi/CoreElec releases?
(I can give info on the file/codecs, if you tell me how) :slight_smile:

When you would have used the board search function you should have your answer already.

1 Like

@4ltj4 the answer is a couple of posts above: