Interesting DV

I wanted to say that we are finding more and more of them and that it should not stop increasing.

You taking the bounty Ray?

It’s long time we are waiting for this to happen in Coreelec.

Ray the man for the job, I’m willing to put up some funds.

Is this even possible?

This is to know if I should return my Ugoos AM6 Plus or keep it.

This is from the GitHub repository:

At this moment we do not accept Donations.
We are doing this for fun not for profit.

However, I only have about 40 € in BAT.

I already did a proof of concept. Meaning I had it working and posted a screenshot (search the forum). It is possible but due to lack of time and the amount of work it’s not going to happen. I explained several times why.
I do have an OLED TV and I enjoy DV on the Netflix app but I doubt that I would use DV myself in Kodi.
I thought about doing a small community build but I bo longer have much time to do so.

I hope you change your mind :wink: or that someone picks up your work to improve it.

It’s just not enough users for this feature. Not many ugoos and minix users that would want DV. It will for sure break other stuff e.g dvb.

Need some ETH for motivation? :laughing:

I will make an NFT and then auction the build to the highest bidder :wink:

1 Like

I have ugoos and sony tv, and I’m waiting for coreelec to support dv. Thank you.

There are only 2 boxes that support DV in hardware. If it doesn’t work in Android forget it.

I had the ugoos firmware running on my minix with Kodi android Dolby vision build. Worked ok but still needs work.

DV worked for me with Minix dovi.ko in CoreELEC so I guess we don’t need ugoos fw.

1 Like

And maybe you should change your avatar by a green hat. :wink:

I don’t own a green hat :slight_smile:

Correct, for testing on android I did since a few things still don’t work. Audio pass through and frame rate switching.

Well I may have to buy a nvidia shield pro then. :frowning:

Android not a option for me and the shield not processing FEL.