Java for BD-J menus

Please, add it on nexus nightly as well !!!

Thanks. I will wait for the new version :wink:

Is there any chance that the final Leia version (CoreELEC 9.2.8) will also get a BDJ update with the latest libbluray? I know it´s the “old” system. But I really like the high stability and extensive skin support.

Yeah… probably a bit annoying for @vpeter, but a 9.2.8 build (non ng too) sure would be nice.

Sadly my real life work is killing me lately and I’m not in a mood for anything large. That’s why I’m not sure when I will touch this again :frowning: Sorry.

It’s ok. Thanks for answering anyway.

All good! Take your time. It´s well deserved.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_vpeter-bdj-2021.10.09.07.42.tar

• libbluray 1.3.0
  • libudfread 1.1.2

I only tested this version and seems to be working just like before. And it uses libbluray 1.3.0!

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.8-vpeter-bd-2021.10.09.07.42.tar

CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.8-vpeter-bd-2021.10.09.07.43.tar

Images can be downloaded directly using command megadl url.

I only have 5 HD samples. In the past I also tested with Alita.Battle.Angel.2019.UHD but it doesn’t work anymore. Don’t know if just my sample is corrupted or it is something else.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Hi @vpeter

I just wanted to tell you that I tried Alita UHD iso and it works perfectly. I’ve tried 10 other movies in UHD bd iso and they all work fine

My system : Odroid N2+
OS : CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_vpeter-bdj-2021.10.09.07.42

thank you very much

1 Like

Tested the CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_vpeter-bdj-2021.10.09.07.42 image on Z69 (S905X) and Tictid TX6 Plus (S905X3) boxes. Looks good. No downsides I can see compared to the previous version.

There’s still an issue with a lot of remote buttons not working on majority of BD-J Blu-Rays, unfortunately.

I don’t know how to fix this. I assume it also doesn’t work on Windows?

I’ll try and check it out later.

I know that a few months back you tried da-andas patch for this problem instead of fandangos and it wasn’t working for me. Maybe it would play better with this new libbluray version?

You can try this image which has original patch from da-anda (and what is in Kodi 19) instead of patch from fandangos.

da-anda: allow chapter seeking in overlay menus of blu-rays

Sadly, it’s no good. With fandangos patch I have a 1/5 success rate with seeking in Java menus. With da-anda’s patch it’s 0/5.

I’ll check out how it works on Windows in the coming days.

thanks @vpeter its working great for my blurays.

1 Like

I also tried this image and have no problems at all with it. Thank you!

It seems for me that Universal* BD ISOs work a lot better now. I still have problems with most Disney and Fox titles though. Maybe I’ll try to re-rip them…

Anyways! Thanks for this release it’s much appreciated! :smiley:

EDIT
I wrote Panasonic at first but I meant Universal

1 Like

So I tested two Kodi 19 versions for Windows with fandangos patch applied and I get the exact same behavior with remote buttons in Java menus. The ones that work well on CE work well on Windows too. The ones that don’t, don’t.

In this case maybe you should open some issue at Kodi?

Hi @vpeter will you do a 19.3 build if you have some time?

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.3-Matrix_vpeter-bdj-2021.10.26.09.09.tar

6 Likes