Java for BD-J menus

No! If i play an ISO or BDMV in file manager, his played movie with menu immediately. So far it has not been necessary the context menu.

For ISO file, it is. But for BDMV folder, at least I have never seen it is played directly.

So, i say again :slight_smile: Far it has worked that way. I have some ISO but my most the BDMV, and all worked that way.

OK, then maybe there is some configuration?

I donā€™t know, i donā€™t configured nothing. I used this pair :

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.0-Matrix_vpeter-vpeter-bd-2021.03.17.12.04.tar

with*

tools.jre.zulu-19.0.100.zip

I downgraded to this again, but not works right now. Unfortunatly not works the ISO files too already in the file manager :frowning:

Good, then in kodi19 the Bd do not work, nor the iso? what is necessary kodi 18?

Of course BD works in Kodi 19. Also with menus. Why would I make those images then.

What tools.jre.zulu you have to put for your last version

None, because it is included in image itself.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.1-Matrix_rc4_vpeter-bdj-2021.04.28.19.53.tar,then this one has it included

Yes, i know! All works on Matrix in the Media Manager. But from HDD not! Only just long push->Local Menu->Play. But no problem, point is that it works :slight_smile:

The last update seems to be missing some python components that breaks some addons:-

2021-05-08 16:48:20.515 T:5175    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'ImportError'>
                                                   Error Contents: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so: undefined symbol: XauGetBestAuthByAddr
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.gtv.helper/service.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                       from PIL import Image, ImageEnhance
                                                     File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 94, in <module>
                                                   ImportError: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so: undefined symbol: XauGetBestAuthByAddr
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2021-05-08 16:48:20.788 T:5175     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-05-08 16:48:21.750 T:5168    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                   Error Contents: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so: undefined symbol: XauGetBestAuthByAddr
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/service.py", line 1, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib import refresh
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/refresh.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib import manage
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/manage.py", line 8, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.common import utils
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/common/utils.py", line 19, in <module>
                                                       from PIL import Image
                                                   ImportError: /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.so: undefined symbol: XauGetBestAuthByAddr

2021-05-08 16:48:21.990 T:5168     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-05-08 16:48:22.430 T:5173    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/service.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.service_monitor import *
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/service_monitor.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.utils import split
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/utils.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                       from resources.lib.image import *
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.embuary.helper/resources/lib/image.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                       from PIL import ImageFilter,Image,ImageOps,ImageEnhance

I think this should work: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GX2gbT1DrwZNCinWJz8guDgwyHpE87q9/view?usp=sharing

At least I donā€™t see error anymore.

This build is working flawless!

Thank you very much @vpeter

BTW there is a fix for media flagging for bluray/DVD.
GUI/Interface

• Fixed: media flagging for DVD/BluRay

Is this fix also included in this build?

1 Like

Show me the commit to check. But my image has standard Kodi only one thing is different regarding chapter skip and seek in blurays with popup menus.

Now I see this is included in Kodi 19.1. No, it is not included - will be in my next image in a few days when official CE image will be released.

New version with Kodi 19.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hbhW8XpAbnKV9NCssojylaUmzpvJ3Cl6/view?usp=sharing

6 Likes

Great thanks

Hmmmm just installed it and scraped a bluray folder structure again but media still mot flaggedšŸ˜¬

Is this fixe only for bluray isoā€™s?
Or for bdmv folders also?

NVM it works i had to play the files so now the media is flaggedšŸ˜

1 Like

Hi vpeter,

Im using your latest Image and it is working great. Thanks for that! Iā€™m just a little confused over some small things:
I copied all of ma bluray disks to iso, and most work well. There are some movies that have some ā€œhiccupsā€ but in the end I can play them and use the menus etc.
Yet, there are a handful of movies that just refuse to play using Kodi. I can play them fine on my desktop computer using vlc.
I was wondering if that has something to do with java, but Iā€™m not sure. Thatā€™s why I wanted to make sue:

I deinstalled the Java addon before updating to your latest image. As the Addon was missing after the update I installed it again. I had then a lot of errors and crashes. So I deinstalled it again, updated again (with the same image of yours) and now most movies work.
Is the plugin needed or is Java simply included in your image? Are there other Java versions to try (and get the last few movies to run)?

Here is a list of the movies that refuse to work:
Ratatoulie, Wall-E, Up (all three Disney :frowning: )
Event Horizon, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Deadpool.

Iā€™m using AnyDVD to make the iso images.

Thanks again for your great image!

Java is already included in the image and addon must not be installed.
You can enable kodi debug log and check log file if anything stand out.

Or upload one ISO somewhere so I could check myself. I only has few test ISOā€¦