Java for BD-J menus

Sure, when it happens. But 19.2-Matrix_rc1 is not stable and was revoked (troubles with libwidevine and Netflix).

1 Like

hi @vpeter

just for information i wanted to ask you why your work that you are doing here is not integrated in the official version since it works wonderfully?

thanks

1 Like

Because Kodi doesnā€™t officially support libbluray version. I also reverted one Kodi commit for BD menus which works better.

Anyway, here is the version based on CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix_rc2:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cjavi6tH4I1bvlxEJ3otkrFPmrXpZGhP/view?usp=sharing

4 Likes

Ty very much :sunglasses:

Hi again. I just saw that there is a new libbluray version available:

2021-04-05: Version 1.3.0
- Add bd_event_name().
- Add return value to bd_refcnt_inc().
- Add cache for parsed clpi file data.
- Add player setting for JRE location (JAVA_HOME).
- Improve FreeBSD BD-J support.
- Improve portability.
- Improve JVM and .jar file probing.
- Fix handling of non-ASCII .iso filenames in Windows (update libudfread to 1.1.2).
- Fix leak.

Would you think that including that improves the compatibility with some BD-J menus?

I can try to build next CE version with it and we will see how it behaves.

2 Likes

There is a problem while using BD-J Menu support. Only very few remote control keys are working or trigger Kodi functions. Possibly this are just up, down and OK. All other keys are not working, e.g. right, left, chapter skip forward, chapter skip backward, color keys and so on. Is there a possibility to forward such key events to Java-VM if BD-J is active?

I am using an external blu-ray reader on USB and i may say that to most of my home made blu-rays menus not work. On some commercial blu-rays it shows the menu but i can not select anything in it since it executes standard functions like next chapter or seek.

Is there news about new bluray lib? Are we going to have a build with it?

It seems to me that the BD menu development has failed. Maybe as the best BD menu developer, vpeter could tell us. iā€™m sorry it doesnā€™t work well because i really like Full BD ISOs :frowning:

I will make rc3 image and test how it works with few my samples.

Using new libbluray is little tricky because seems Kodi doesnā€™t update it either.

Will see what I can do.

4 Likes

Please, add it on nexus nightly as well !!!

Thanks. I will wait for the new version :wink:

Is there any chance that the final Leia version (CoreELEC 9.2.8) will also get a BDJ update with the latest libbluray? I know itĀ“s the ā€œoldā€ system. But I really like the high stability and extensive skin support.

Yeahā€¦ probably a bit annoying for @vpeter, but a 9.2.8 build (non ng too) sure would be nice.

Sadly my real life work is killing me lately and Iā€™m not in a mood for anything large. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m not sure when I will touch this again :frowning: Sorry.

Itā€™s ok. Thanks for answering anyway.

All good! Take your time. ItĀ“s well deserved.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_vpeter-bdj-2021.10.09.07.42.tar

• libbluray 1.3.0
  • libudfread 1.1.2

I only tested this version and seems to be working just like before. And it uses libbluray 1.3.0!

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.8-vpeter-bd-2021.10.09.07.42.tar

CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.8-vpeter-bd-2021.10.09.07.43.tar

Images can be downloaded directly using command megadl url.

I only have 5 HD samples. In the past I also tested with Alita.Battle.Angel.2019.UHD but it doesnā€™t work anymore. Donā€™t know if just my sample is corrupted or it is something else.

Enjoy!

7 Likes

Hi @vpeter

I just wanted to tell you that I tried Alita UHD iso and it works perfectly. Iā€™ve tried 10 other movies in UHD bd iso and they all work fine

My system : Odroid N2+
OS : CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_vpeter-bdj-2021.10.09.07.42

thank you very much

1 Like

Tested the CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_vpeter-bdj-2021.10.09.07.42 image on Z69 (S905X) and Tictid TX6 Plus (S905X3) boxes. Looks good. No downsides I can see compared to the previous version.

Thereā€™s still an issue with a lot of remote buttons not working on majority of BD-J Blu-Rays, unfortunately.