Java for BD-J menus

Wow! Testing starts today!

Hi vpeter, that did not work.
I used the CE Nexus beta and tried to update with your .tar file.
I got an error on missing KERNEL.
:thinking:

BTW: I tested the latest LibreELEC Nexus nightly build with Raspberry Pi 3.
Very disappointing! I installed the JRE add-on but LibreElec says “no JRE installed”.
But some of my BD-J disks work even work with this condition.
The majority refuses to start with menu.

@tomhai: I think something went wrong with your update because I just check this same build and it works here. Also BR menus are shown. From my perspective it works with basic test.

I re-downloaded the tar-file and now the update worked. :+1:
The BD-menus work really well. Best stability so far!
The biggest improvement I could see during the first test is the quick and stable chapter jump when you watch a movie in BD-J mode. This was very slow in older Kodi releases.

1 Like

Hi vpeter, do you have an updated BD-version based on Matrix code? I wanted to use your great Nexus version, but it has quite a lot of crashes during music playback (has nothing to do with the BDJ code). So it´s to early for me to move to Nexus.

Unfortunately, this version causes frequent kodi crashes. It just gives segmentation fault somewhere in the python threads.
With original coreelec 20 beta1 it works without any crashes.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.5-Matrix_rc3

Wow. Again, very quick! Thanks.

I will look into this and check, if this is a crash free version.
DimitarCC: I would like to be a beta tester for the BDJ functionality. If there are plans for a direct implementation into Kodi (without the vpeter modifications) I am happy to support.
BTW: the VLC player source code could probably help a bit. They have a very stable BDJ implementation in their player.

Kodi Nexus has everything latest included and only JRE is needed to get BD menus working.

JRE addon is still working on nexus?

It should - did you test it?

Hi vpeter, I tested the new Nexus RC version. I installed the updated JRE add on as well. Java is now detected by CoreELEC. Some BD menus open and play. But… the majority just jumps to the main movie, even when “play with menu” is selected. So the implementation of your BDJ patches is incomplete.
BTW: the new Nexus version is in general a really cool thing. Fast and very stable!

True, addon with Kodi Nexus doesn’t work anymore. Will be fixed by rebuild in next few days.

Thank you very much!

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.5-Matrix_vpeter_test-bdj-2022.12.27.09.05.tar
I think this will be last special version. Keep it safe :slight_smile:

For CoreELEC 20 just needs jre.tool addon installed.

2 Likes

By NE you mean NEXUS or the New Era?

BTW thnx for the updated build!

Actually I was wrong: CoreELEC 20 just needs jre.tool addon installed.

Many thanks for your update!
Is the jre.tool addon now fixed to work with the latest Nexus build?

Yes, it works as it should.