Java for BD-J menus

Hi Vpeter.

I hope that this message finds you well. When you have time, could you have a look at my post in the KODI section please ? I’ve added some logs about an issue i have since the arrival of KODI19, regarding EAC3 tracks (maybe when it’s played along with UHD). I use PCM multichannel output for HD formats.
It would be nice to have an opinion here.

Rgds
Tomti

Confirmed! All works really well now! :+1:

1 Like

The BDJ menu failed,CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus-NG (Januar 17th, 2023),online Install JRE-20.0.100.
thanks

EDIT:
manual installation of the tools.jre.zulu-20.0.1.3.zip is successful,
https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=addons/Amlogic-ne/20.0.1/arm/tools.jre.zulu

There are some issues with the addons but will be solved soon.

And btw: You mixed NG image and NE addon. Usually it works but better to use the correct addons in the future.

Thanks vpeter, I tried 2 addons with the same functionality. Wait for your update.

Hi vpeter, my installation works really well on Odroid C4 and CoreELEC. I installed the JRE addon via the Kodi add-on-manager. Its difficult to see which of the 3 listed JRE versions is the correct one. Maybe some cleanup and modified description is possible? MANY thanks for your great effort!

How many versions do you see there? I see only 20.0.1.2 and 20.0.1.3.

There were some issues with addons versions but this will be fixed with next CE release. Until then some patience is needed to find out latest version :frowning:

I am on the latest CoreELEC Nexus version and see these 3 add-ons listed when I perform the online search:
and 20.0.0

The one at the top is the latest, 20.0.1.3. I can confirm there are 3 versions and I previously installed 20.0.100 and it didn’t update automatically. Manually updated to 20.0.1.3. (CE20 stable)

I want to make sure I got this right - with CE20, we can use the Vanilla version for BD-J menus? Only need to install the JRE addon?

Exactly like that.

That’s awesome, thanks!

hi,vpeter,I want to say your jre bd-j menus works great in my new device, and I also have an old one which is running on coreelec 9.2.8, I want to ask if the jre version 9.2.7 can work on ce9.2.8? I am looking forward to your reply.
thanks!

CE20 and CE21 versions use which BD-j menu java plug-in.

tools.jre.zulu from CoreELEC addon repository

1 Like

Just testing this feature out. Anyone got any recommendations for good uhd movies with interesting BD-j menus.
I only have The Lost Boys, great movie and soundtrack but the BD menu was a little boring.

Edit 2 months later… Trainspotting UHD has a good BD Menu, well the menu could be better but there is a nice video playing and a song that’s even synced to the video.
Played perfectly on my AM6B+.

There are also games like UkkosJourney-BluPlay.iso.

1 Like