Khadas VIM3 testbuilds

Thank you, I’ll test it tomorrow.

I’ve been using my vim3 for a couple of days now and so far imo at the moment it’s a downgrade from my s912 :frowning: CEC is very intermittent sometimes it works and sometimes I have to power the tv on and off to get it to work which doesn’t always work and other times I have to use my Bluetooth remote to go into cec settings and restore to default which gets it working temporarily but as soon as I change input on my tv and then go back to kodi CEC stops working again. It’s also not saving my audio settings it keeps resorting back to PCM so I get jsut static noise through my avr
I didn’t have these issues on my s912, CEC worked flawlessly I could switch my tv between inputs and on and off and it always worked straight away so I know it’s not a issue with my tv (Panasonic). Audio output settings also never changed on the s912.

I’m hoping these issues were caused by me restoring from a backup from my s912 and using the generic build because the vim3 build wouldn’t boot so my question is to restore with a fresh installation what build should I use? (VIM 3 Pro 4gb ram)
Thanks!

Another strange behaviour I’ve just found is when I turn my tv off a few minutes later it turns back on on it’s own with CE as the input and the only way to keep the tv turned off is to unplug the VIM3 power supply. It doesn’t make any difference what the last input I was watching was ie VIM3 is on hdmi port 1 but if I turn the tv off while watching built in freeveiw it still turns back on after a few minutes and automatically changes input to CE
Again this behaviour was not present in my s912

VIM3 has just started the development cycle so you can’t really compare it with a SOC that’s been around for ages. I can assure that you’ve not downgraded anything. You have one of the best amlogic SBC’s available in the market.
Please keep reporting any bugs you find and the Team will address those.
Have a little faith in the Devs!

2 Likes

Comparisons are not necessary :slight_smile:

Turn off CEC as an interim workaround either on your TV or on CE, your VIM3 will stay powered on but at least you can turn your TV off.

Please post a log: How to post debug logs

And please do not use your backup from the S912!
Make a fresh install will solve a lot of issues already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I did wonder if by restoring from a older backup I could have caused the problems myself… what build should I use to do a fresh install, should I still go with the generic one?. I will do a fresh install then post debug log

There is no special img.gz for kvim3, please use last available generic-ng nightly.

Thanks, I’ve just created a sd card with the latest generic Ng nightly and renamed dtb but it keeps booting my already installed CE, I have it installed to internal. What am I doing wrong, do I need to do something to make it boot from sd?
Thanks again for your help!

Wipe it by recovery the device like by Burncardmaker or other Amlogic recovery method.

Power button works normally

1 Like

Hi,
I tried installing attached image but the vim3 is booting with green colour of CoreElec what is the reason

Khadas have updated the bootloader on their latest Android image and it is incompatible with our kernel.

Easiest option for you right now is to downgrade Android but they have removed the images if you don’t have it already.

can i know the build date…?

The latest Android is 190809, previous was 190726.

Thank you so much…How to use khadas remote in coreelec

VIM3_Pie_V190809.7z also works very well with CE.

Does anybody know how to configure khadas remote

3 Likes

hi, there is no .conf folder for me in bootlocation