Khadas VIM3 testbuilds

Comparisons are not necessary :slight_smile:

Turn off CEC as an interim workaround either on your TV or on CE, your VIM3 will stay powered on but at least you can turn your TV off.

Please post a log: How to post debug logs

And please do not use your backup from the S912!
Make a fresh install will solve a lot of issues already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I did wonder if by restoring from a older backup I could have caused the problems myself… what build should I use to do a fresh install, should I still go with the generic one?. I will do a fresh install then post debug log

There is no special img.gz for kvim3, please use last available generic-ng nightly.

Thanks, I’ve just created a sd card with the latest generic Ng nightly and renamed dtb but it keeps booting my already installed CE, I have it installed to internal. What am I doing wrong, do I need to do something to make it boot from sd?
Thanks again for your help!

Wipe it by recovery the device like by Burncardmaker or other Amlogic recovery method.

Power button works normally

1 Like

Hi,
I tried installing attached image but the vim3 is booting with green colour of CoreElec what is the reason

Khadas have updated the bootloader on their latest Android image and it is incompatible with our kernel.

Easiest option for you right now is to downgrade Android but they have removed the images if you don’t have it already.

can i know the build date…?

The latest Android is 190809, previous was 190726.

Thank you so much…How to use khadas remote in coreelec

VIM3_Pie_V190809.7z also works very well with CE.

Does anybody know how to configure khadas remote

3 Likes

hi, there is no .conf folder for me in bootlocation

Put your card to your box and copy the remote.conf through the box’ samba share or use winscp.

1 Like

Thanks for your valuable reply

Hi @vpeter
Can you delete this image? As this version still haven’t updated to the latest DDR timing, and the V12 boards cannot run with this image.

The V12 board can only run our latest Android ROM at 1608MHz DDR frequency.

Yes, works well but I updated the uboot from CE to use the correct memory size, now total memory size is 3708MB, without uboot update was 3370MB.

1 Like