Khadas VIM3 testbuilds

I was completely missing this tip. Thanks guys. However, it will provide a plastic coating to avoid burns, for DIYers who handle regularly.

By cons, I still have a problem with the radiator that exceeds the box. Which prevents me from closing the box. Did you find a simple trick?

Find the MUST SEE TIP about this。

Is there any information like certain logs or anything that I can provide to help the devs with the development of CEC control on Panasonic TV/khadas vim3 ?

But is there no problem with targeting partitions as on Rpi/C2, right? I mean I understand emmc is no go for flash partition, but can be used as storage?

In my particular “very conservative” approach I would prefer 2 partitions (both flash+storage) on USB to prevent emmc wearout anyway :smiley: (Glad to hear I can get along without SD card for flash).

With new install method it would be possible to install CE alongside Android in dual boot mode as written in one other thread. Or in single boot mode to have all available space just for CE.
Like this:

vim3:~ # mount
/dev/data on /flash type ext4 (ro,noatime,resgid=1065,data=ordered)
/dev/data on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime,resgid=1065,data=ordered)
/dev/loop0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
1 Like

This sounds great. How do we setup and install for dual boot?

Although I like having Coreelec on μSD and Android on EMMC, I alternate between them a fair bit and it means having to yank the HDMI cable to get at the μSD a lot.

This might eventually lead to a damaged HDMI connector or card slot…especially with kids doing it.

Unfortunately I can’t really use a USB stick as there aren’t any more ports available.

Hi ,
i pasted the remot.conf in the configfiles but its not working

Reboot you box.

i tried rebooting its not working

It is working for me.
After the first time you boot your device with an amremote configuration it will automatically reboot whilst modifications are made to your dtb to enable amremote.
Make sure you are using a dtb from CE.
SSH to device and run remoteinfo and paste the link for further help.

yeah its working after the reinstall,let us know will vim3 outputs 4k resolution while playing video

VIM3 never had a problem with output 4k resolution.

2 Likes

20190914 night build works great,I made a huge heatsink.,:grinning: and now vim3’s temp below 42℃.

8 Likes

Can you sign me up for 2 of them?

I want one too :star_struck:

Nice. Could you make some for us?

Is like a hairbrush :slight_smile:

startv, you should make another heatsink for top side and it would look like a small sandwich :slight_smile: Count me for a sample :thinking: