Kodi 19 in CoreELEC

This only really applies if you are having issues with current Leia builds. The amount of bug reports are very small at this stage.
A lot of the under the hood tweaking that Kodi is performing either is not relevant to the AMLogic platform or actively breaks AMLogic functionality.
The main step forward for users is python moving to version3 which is invisible to the end user.

i am testing Matrix at the moment, and as of yet I have found nothing which is functionally different or better in Matrix.

Shoog

3 Likes

:smiley: Coreelec Matrix

9 Likes

My device BeeLink GT King Pro
/storage$ uname -a
Linux CoreELEC 4.9.113 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 27 09:36:21 CET 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux
/storage$ python3 --version
Python 3.8.5
/storage$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bda:0411 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 090c:2000 Silicon Motion, Inc. - Taiwan (formerly Feiya Technology Corp.)
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1915:1025 Nordic Semiconductor ASA
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 734c:5521 TBS Technologies China (TBS 5520SE)
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:5411 Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Too Cool :sunglasses:

Well I have a few nagging thingsā€¦

• image viewing hangs as per the other thread - Hang when accessing folders of images - #9 by bossanova808
  • some subtitle sync / not disappearing issues
  • overruling of ASS subtitles often not working (I find fonts/giant subs really irritating!) - Iā€™ve seen fixes for this go past recently
  • Some skin and fanart fixes Iā€™ve done for my own version of Confluence
  • and yeah, a bunch of Python 3 related addon fixes (that are mostly for addons I have taken over but canā€™t really enjoy my work on yet!).
  • some playbck jerkiness when coming off of pause at times (which may actually be a CE issue, I am not sure).

Nothing major, for sureā€¦but still be nice, as long as other more essential stuff does not go backwards. Time will tell, and Iā€™ll certainly be looking before leapingā€¦but thanks for your work!

Sad to hear that, but totally understable, as Amlogic builds are rock stable, funhouse needs a lot of work for old SoC, and manpower would be needed for current SoC and Kodi 19.

For my use-case, I use almost always combination of S905 and S905x3 devices in each household with shared Kodi DB (they are supplying DVB-T2 devices for each TV now also).

I guess, that DB schema will change in Kodi 19, so I will just stick to the 18 as long as I could, to benefit from multiple S905 devices. Cest la vie, I ets see what future brings.

But inputstream.adaptive is (still) broken. So this beta is almost for the round basket.

1 Like

With the new 2.6.6 build, still broken? :slightly_frowning_face:

Beta1 is too old. You need current master for IA 2.6.6.

Any recent news? Kodi 19 Beta 2 is already availableā€¦

Testing releases are available. Look at the CE10 thread for details.
Not yet an official release but most basic functionality already works.

Shoog

2 Likes

Is there a CE10 thread?

Edit

It took me 5 seconds to find it WTF.

Shoog

@Shoog Nope:

I have just been informed that this is still a by invite testing release so not available yet. Sorry.

Shoog

1 Like

There are testing releases for team members. They will be public soon because they need some more work. Itā€™s not a soft update because most of the addons will be broken and need to be reinstalled.

1 Like

Speaking about addons, do you know if there is anything working in Kodi 19 for acestream, like Plexus or Plexus itself?

As is typical with new releases, most addons are lagging far behind and most developers wont release versions for Matrix until at least a final release candidate - which is still weeks/months away.
Since python has moved from 2 to 3 most addons need a compete rewrite.

Shoog

Yes, to be honest the addons migrate is horrible!

When I first updated my installation from 9.2 to 10.0 I got a banner right top about 5 minutes telling me each addon not compatible with Kodi anymore. Almost all ā€œsubā€ addons what are getting installed for the main addon you want are not compatible anymore as Team Kodi dropped Python 2 support.

Team CoreELEC can not take care/support of this and we are forced to forward all users with their ā€œbrokenā€ addons on Matrix just to Team Kodi or to their addon developer.

Best way will be to do a clean install. Write down the needed addons and install them new from the repos again.

1 Like