Librespot addon

It doesn’t work for me. CE 9.5.0, Librespot 9.0.111 and Tvheadend pvr client, Odroid C2.
Mo matter what I select, of Librespot is enabled, I can start a TV channel, but can’t swithc channels, it freezes completely, need to do a hard reset.
Amy ideas?

Cannot say much more than already posted.

Generally, if librespot and Kodi use the same ALSA device such problems occur.

I use currently the Kodi audio mode (librespot settings). It works without any problems.

Before Kodi audio mode worked (before 8.90.5), I could edit the Kodi audio options and use another ALSA device. But I don’t know if this is available on your system. But Kodi audio mode works still better for me.

Do you use Tvheadend? So you are saying that Librespot and Tvheadend are working fine on your system now? You can switch channels in LiveTV while Librespot is enabled?

I am using TVHeadend.

It worked really good in CE 8.90.5., librespot using the Kodi audio mode. I heard music over librespot, gone to the channel list and select a live TV channel, the live TV started and librespot audio stoped.

It worked also, but not quite so good, before CE 8.90.5 with using two different ALSA devices.

Currently, CE 8.95.0, I have a general problem with switching live TV channels, see

But this is independent from using librespot before.

Oh sorry, I was wrong.

My problem with channel switching in TVHeadend IS dependent on librespot. If I deactivate librespot, there are no problems with channel switching in TVHeadend.

Yes, this is my problem too. If you have Librespot enabled, you can start a LiveTV channel, but can’t switch channels anymore. It freezes completely and you need to unplug from power. I have the same problem, it is very annoying :frowning:

I hope it is possible to fix this.

EDIT: tried 8.90.5, same problem. If Librespot is enabled, LiveTV hangs.

Update: awiouy (the developer of Librespot addon) fixed the TVHeadend zapping bug, added perfect support for ALSA (now configuration wizard works). Also there are some improvement to Kodi mode playback (like artist, songs, etc information).
Check out the addon for CoreElec at Libreelec forum: Link

Thank you for your great for, awiouy!

1 Like

Excellent news! If it’s fixed now, please don’t forget to come back and say so

Yes, it is fixed now, that is what I wanted to report back here at CoreElec forum. I don’t know when the new addon will be available in repository, but you can grab the updated 111j version from the link a provided.

I can confirm that Librespot is working as it should on CoreElec (together with TVHeadend, and ALSA wizard is working too).

Everyone having Android equipment and using spotify with librespot addon in kodi should take a look in googles play store. There is an app called HiFy. HiFy enables spotify to see and use Airplay and DLNA devices via spotify connect. This is nice also if you have an AVR Reciever on which spotify connect was deactivated ealier this year.

Hey guys,

I’m trying to use Librespot here, but it doesn’t show up on my spotify’s connectible devices list, no matter what I do.

I’m using the latest CoreElec on Odroid C2. Both devices are, of course, connected to the same network.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Did anyone else notice problems with the addon in 8.95.7?
For me suddenly it doesn’t work anymore, shows up in spotify but there’s no playback in kodi after choosing it.

It works for me, just tried (Odroid C2).

Just tried an older ce version, also not working. Tried wiping userdate and reinstalling it, still not working. Idk what I messed up there. Just remember trying to play back a podcast which didn’t work, that’s it.

Edit: Strange, works again now…

Try a clean install and see if it works. Make a backup first.

Yes, unfortunately Marcel Veldt’s addon causes freezes while playing video files, switching tv channels, …
So, the Librespot addon is a good compromise to it (although no direct access to the Spotify library).

I wonder if a new version of Librespot is pushed to Libreelec repo, when will it be available for CE too? It fixes an annoying bug. It is revision 115.

I’ve built an updated version of librespot and made it available in the nightly repo.
If you are using CE stable, you could manually install it from the zip file taken from here:
https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=addons/9.1/Amlogic/arm/service.librespot

Great, thanks! I use stable CE, will download your build.

Hi everyone,
I am currently on CE 9.2.0 on my T95Q. Works great !
I have installed Librespot 23-07-2019 and entered my login and password. On my phone, I can’t see the device in Spotify Connect. Does it still World with 9.2.0?

Thanks !!