Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT

Hi all,

I have got a Sunvell Qbox, 2gb+16gb which the wifi and bluetooth are not working. Bluetooth shows as disabled and wifi not in the menu.

I have tried running ‘udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* | paste’ via SSH but the output I get is ‘Unknown Device’. Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe your running the wrong device tree for your device but there should always be output.

Sorry I should have said it used to work but not 100% sure when it stopped as majority of the time it’s connected via ethernet.

I’ll start for scratch again and double check I’m using the right device tree and see what happens.

Edit:
So I have started from scratch again. I am using dtb gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit. Still no wifi or bluetooth. Trying via ssh again gives:

CoreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* | paste
Unknown device “/sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*”: No such device

Edit again:
Left it for a while as I was busy doing something else, come back to it and switch it on and strangely it’s now working perfectly with no changes.

And another edit:

While it was working I managed to use ssh successfully, output of which is:
http://ix.io/2h0s

Annoyingly, WiFi and bt have stopped working again now.

@jlawes20389 it’s possible the sdio path is different on that SoC given it’s age, I will try to have a look later.

Thank you, don’t put yourself out though. Its hooked up to a powerline now so all is well. It was more of a curiosity thing as to why it works sometimes and not others really.

I have VONTAR X96Max S905X3, 4 GB, 32 GB, Wi-Fi, 1000 m, BT, CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_200408-Generic firmware installed, but there is a problem with BT, I pair the Logitech BT mouse, it only works before restarting, after restarting it needs to be re-paired, I also have a Q5 air Mouse Bluetooth remote, detected as RC_REMOTE, it pairs, but none of them works button on the remote. What am I doing wrong?

http://ix.io/2hjw

Your Q5 air mouse remote issue belongs in another thread.

As for the pairing issue, you need to check the mac address on the adaptor and see if it changes following a reboot. Type hcitool dev to get the MAC.

Devices:
hci0 22:22:D0:63:85:81
After rebooting:
Devices:
hci0 22:22:B5:AE:81:A6

@filkint your new mac on reboot issue will be fixed in tomorrow’s nightly, this should solve the issue of having to re-pair devices on each reboot.

Thank you, the latest firmware helped.

Any luck with adding the drivers for this one?

Your wifi and BT looks fine.

Ok, thanks. In that case, there is something wrong with the antenna or something, because it can’t see any device. As soon I plugin a cheap usb-bt adapter, I can pair with all my devices.

Remove any USB adaptor, reboot, make a BT device visible ie a phone, SSH to your device, type hcitool scan.

You should see the device and the adaptor should work.

Hello, I am a new user. I just started to use coreelec. I have a magicsee n5 plus box mainly because I can add an internal hard drive to it to store movies on.

My issue is that with the latest 9.2.2 release the wifi does not appear to work on this box, no wifi connection appears only the Ethernet connection works.

Does anyone have one of these and able to get wifi working or can assist with troubleshooting? I also noticed the remote it came with also does not work but an air mouse works. The main issue for me is the wifi.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hello, here is the result of the command

http://ix.io/2iGX

My box is Magicsee n5 plus s905x3 4gb/64gb 10/100mb ethernet. Wifi is not working.

Edit,

I have to post once again. It seems the wifi stopped working. The first time I installed coreelec, it only detected the ethernet connection, there was no wifi setting to enable/disable available on the coreelec network menu. Today when I turned the box on again, the option to enable wifi appeared right above the Wired Networks option. After a few hours of usage wifi stopped working, I rebooted the box and the wifi connection no longer appears just like the first time but ethernet continues to work.

My wifi router is a dual band

Edit again

I got my hands on a second box and on the second one wifi works right away but not bluetooth.
http://ix.io/2iZ7

On both boxes, If I use the default Android system both have working wifi/bluetooth.

Edit again. After a reboot wifi stopped working on the second box as well. There is some issue with the system and the wifi on these boxes.

I have A95x f3. Neither WiFi or Bluetooth are working on 9.2.2

Read first post, if you don’t provide what is requested, no help.

After connecting a network cable to provide you with the needed information, WiFi networks started to show up in the coreelec settings! Great success!

I will test to see if it stays that way when I restart the box without a network cable. Would you like me to run any test commands?