Magicsee N5

Great! Now you need to install the OpenVFD service addon to get the icons working :slight_smile:

1 Like

finally, all finished! here photo and repacked image for magicsee n5 (fixed bluetooth and new openvfd)

https://yadi.sk/d/Upb7p682hr6EvQ

copy SYSTEM to \CoreELEC\Downloads then ssh

mount -ro remount,rw /flash
cp /storage/downloads/SYSTEM /flash

1 Like

@TheCoolest I also confirm the display shows the time with your (detailed) information (but shows an hour behind).
I don’t think I understand completely how to make it work permanently… is this going to be included in future updates?

The driver displays the system clock, so it’s the system clock that is wrong.
I’m not sure exactly why this is, but it’s something to do with Kodi time and maybe region settings.

It works perfect, in my magicsee N5.

Great. The fix should be in the next nightly.

2 Likes

My Kodi shows the correct time. Maybe system has GMT and KODI is GMT+1 (Portugal).
That’s strange and to be tracked down.

Thanks.

I’m using portuguese regional settings and the time is correct. I remember that initially in Kodi I had to choose manually the correct timezone. When I switched the region initially it wasn’t correct (the time).

1 Like

I can confirm that in the latest nightly, the display works correctly! Thanks @TheCoolest!

thanks, working

Hello !
I just bought this box but I can not start on Coreelec.
I tried with a usb key and an SD card without success.
I downloaded CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.0.2-Generic.img.gz and I’m using gxl_p212_2g.
Can you tell me how to start on the SD card?

Thank you :slight_smile:

In my case I just downloaded the app “reboot to Libreelec” in the play store. I’m assuming that you renamed the dtb to dtb.img in the root of the SD card

@Vasco, I can confirm it’s working very well, but in my case I had to enter Regional Settings, select “Portugal” and “Europe/Madeira” and when I looked it was already showing time correctly.
Back to “Europe/Lisbon” (same time zone as Madeira), and it is showing time correctly. Perhaps some time of registry/variable that was updated when I entered Regional Settings.

Big thanks to @TheCoolest.

Thanks, great work!

@TheCoolest I read this topic and I am little bit confused. I am also owner of this cheap box, I installed stable 9.0.3 Coreelec to SD card, display was not working - I counted with this. Then I transferred Coreelec to internal memory. After this I updated Coreelec to latest nightly (20190704), but still display doesn’t work. I thought, that in the latest nightly release was implemented changes, which was written in this topic about display. Or am I doing something wrong?
Sorry for my English.
Thanks for answer.

There are two versions of this box. Did you copy vfd.conf into /storage/.config

Hi, my fault … I thought that vfd.conf is in coreelec nightly build. Anyway, thanks for directing me. Now display is working - I have v2 of this box.

Yeh mine was the V2 but I gave it to a friend. He isn’t bothered about the display as its in the bedroom and doesn’t want the light pollution. I was impressed with the WIFI speed almost 100mb using 5G. At £22.49 for a delivered box with 16G/2G and 2.4G/5G wifi and bluetooth what’s not to like.

Hello guys, I found one strange problem … Ethernet is slower than wifi.
When I connect this box via ethernet cable, internet speed (download via speedtest.net) is max. 60 Mbps. When I unplug ethernet cable and connect this box via wifi, internet speed is 120 Mbps. Also ping is little bit higher, when the box is connected via ethernet cable. I tought, that is something wrong with cable or router, but I conected to the same cable to my notebook and the download speed is much higher, around 200 Mbps.

Can you help me, or directing me how to support you with more data to figure this out?
Thanks.
BTW, I am running on this box newest nightly builds, actualy “nightly_20190906”.

That’s not strange, the ethernet in N5 is 100Mbps. If you connect to a 5ghz WiFi router you get faster speed.