MECOOL M8S Plus DVB S905D - tuner not found

Hello.
Today I am a new user to this forum.
I have got Mecool M8S Plus DVB (S905D, 1GB RAM DDR3, 8GB eMMC, Android 7.1), which I want to use for DVB-T2 watching and for KODI.

I have managed to install CE 9.2.7 successfully, with the gxl_p231_1g_m8s_dvb.dtb
KODI works fine, CEC works fine, original remote I do not need, I use wired ethernet.

What I have understood, for Amlogic processors it is best to use CoreELEC, am I right? CE is focused on these Amlogic processors, what I have read on internet. Give me some advice please. Thank you.

“afl1” previously wrote, that DVB-T2 works and is supported.
I have tryed but did not succede.

What I did was:

• have installed tvheadend Server 4.2
  • have installed tvheadend HTSP client
  • tryed all 3 packages I have seen in CE 9.2.7, one was “dvb latest driver addon”, etc.
    I did not know what to do next. Where to check if the DVB-T2 tuner was available. Did not know where to tune channels…
  • so I uninstalled tvheadend Server 4.2 and installed tvheadend Server 4.3
  • again tryed all 3 packages of dvb drivers
    And again, I did not know what to do next. Where to check if the DVB-T2 tuner was available. Did not know where to tune channels…

Please help me what is the right procedure after a clean install.
I have found several youtube videos and procedures, but they make me confused.
For example HD HomeRUN, do I have to install it? What is it for?
I will really appreciate on a BIG BIG scale, if you help me and give me some advice.
For example a link to a tutorial which really works.

I know that Mecool M8S Plus DVB is a little shitty device, but anyway.
Thank you.
Martin

Thank you for the answer.
You are right, “When no logs are provided there are no problems”

I might have written it wrong. I did the steps mentioned before, installed tvheadend server 4.2 + installed tvheadend HTSP client and waited, did not do anything else.
Maybe here is the problem, maybe everything was prepared but I did not take any further steps.
I somehow anticipated, that tunning of the DVB-T2 channels will start by itself.
This is probably the problem - my problem.

What should I do next? Use my PC/notebook and through web browser connect to tvheadend server and make him to start tuning channels?

Thank you.
Martin, Prague, Czech Republic

Please do a little research about tvheadend. Google is your friend. There’s are dozens of instructions so you can go a bit forward.

https://docs.tvheadend.org/configure_tvheadend/

Thank you and sorry, I should have done more research.
M.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.