NEW Repo for Remote files (Thanks to Betatester)

Did you look? First post.

To save you the trouble, I can’t see it there. There are some instructions on how to create a remote.

You could try vim3 remote file

Thanks I’ll give it a try

Yes I checked first. I now have a request in with Ugoos. If I have any luck I’ll let you know.
Thanks.

you have a request in with ugoos? what for, they won’t have remote files, you need to create your own if there are none.

there is a document in the first post to tell you how to create your own.

There are two ways to create remote files. One is the remote.conf the other is for rc_maps.cfg

I have put a couple of documents in the repo with the instructions. Note, I did not create the originals, I have just edited them. So, credit to others.

https://app.box.com/s/9lqc0xb1m2koh98u2boztwhyuwmjyy8f

I have H96 Max X3 4/32.I used as dtb file the sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb and everything is OK except the original remote. Even if I copy the files provided above by @miankel (H96max to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/ and rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config/).Also the command “ir-keytable -t” gives me an error message (no devices).Any help/suggestion ?

This link [S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (How to config) shows how someone got their s905X3 remote working, not the same box. If this doesn’t work, you need to read the instructions in the repo in the first post.

@miankel have you actually used the files you uploaded for H96 Max X3 remote? And how?

My reasoning was that if they are now testing a CoreElec/Android dual boot they will have the files. I may be wrong.

Not as yet, I just logged today and will do it now.

yes. I do not have the device. It is from another user and works well. Try a hard reset and put the files back in.

“hard reset” for coreelec? Do you mean to reinstall coreelec? Or something else?

He means remove the power completely, then plug it back in

1 Like

Sorry but I always remove the power when I finish a session with my box, since I have an electrical switch permanently connected.I do this because the USB ports still have power even if you turn off completely the box (both in android & coreelec).I also have a USB cooling fan permanently connected to one USB port and I don’t want it to be working 24 hours!! So I think this kind of “hard reset” is not solving my problem.

try hard reset from settings coreelec. if not works reinstall coreelec. first make sure you don’t have any remote.conf in .config.

OK.Finally I got it.I had to reinstall coreelec, copy the 2 files and then I could use my original remote.Only problem is that if I turn off my box I can not turn it on by remote Power button (I have to remove and reconnect power).I know that I need to do something more for this as I have done it successfully for my other H96 Max X2 box (something like BL301 if I remember well).
Anyway thank you both for your help and time.

Power button is easily configured.Injection of BL301 Blob is ready to install in Settings.You only have to find the correct parameters to apply in config.ini, so you can use the original remote for every function.

Hi guys,
My remote is not working. I downloaded the x96 zip from the pinnend topic. I know this is absolutely basic, but how can I get this files on my box (x96 max + 4gb). On the sd Card there is no /storage/…
English is not my mother language and sorry for the newbie question. Maybe anybody can give me some short hints or a link?
Thanks a lot!

Type in the ipaddress of your box in windows explorer that should open up \storage\configfiles

Copy x96 to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps

Copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config

then reboot

I use coreftp lite to access my devices