Nightly builds (NEW)

Not sure what you’re looking for.
If you followed my instructions you should be updated to latest Nightly.
Use SMB to access your N2 and copy the .tar i told you to download manually via PC
No using update channel or whatever.
Nightlies will update automatically via CE Server.

Okay, i had seen another way in this forum using the update channel. No problem.

By the way why you told me to use “CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200407.tar” and not the N2-Image above?
And not to forget: Thank you for your help!

At first:
Automatic updates work with the nightly amlogic and amlogic-ng versions.

@Tom means the following and I have seens this also:
Something has changed with the update mechanism compared to the nightlies before (I do not know,
when the change happened, I recognized it last week firstly).

In the CoreELEC-addon under ‘Update’ ‘Automatic Updates’ is set to manual.
Then you can set ‘Custom channel 1’ to https://relkai.coreelec.org/releases.json.
Then Update-Channel is set to ‘CoreELEC 9.0’ (or similar) automatically. And under available version
the current nightly was displayed and you could click to download it.
This was the behaviour in the past.

But now if ‘Custom Channel 1’ is set to https://relkai.coreelec.org/releases.json again, now ‘Update-Channel’ is set to ‘None’ or is empty and ‘Available Version’ is also empty.

As I said, the automatic download and update works with the NG and no-NG versions, but the behaviour of the CoreELEC-addon is different now (on NG and no-NG nightlies). Was this change made by design?

The file https://relkai.coreelec.org/releases.json can be downloaded, but I don’t know if the file contents is correct.
There was a similar problem in the past (1 or 2 years ago). @relkai fixed this at that time.

4 Likes

With tonight build(20200408), the power button works again,thanks.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT

If you have issues with INTERNAL WiFi or BT then please also SSH to your device and enter the following command and paste the resulting link with any post you make.

I edited my message and added a link to the log file.

Can someone help me out. I’m on a N2 with a USB DVB-S receiver.

Switching to a UHD channel in tvheadend and back leads to the following problems:
UHD channel: I see only 1/4 of the screen. This is the old problem with the overscreen settings. Why is this happening over and over again? I set this already 10 times.

HD channels: switching back after watching an UHD channel keeps showing only 1/4 of the screen and the colors change.

It is not a new issue. Any help is appreciated.

@rosenrot very often needs settings for each resolution and framerate.

The following should fix it. SSH and enter the following.

systemctl stop kodi
rm /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml
systemctl start kodi

Next time set picture options correctly in TV menu instead of using Kodi overscan.

@anon88919003 deleting the file helped for the sizing issue.

What do I have to do to counter the color issue? I can’t be the only one seeing it. Do you need any log or anything. I’m more than happy to provide you anything.

Sorry you will have to remind me what your referring to.

Sure.

Since a week or so, I experience the problem that Bluetooth is disabled on my VIM3L after a (re)boot. The switch is “ON” in the services tab, but the Bluetooth page says “Bluetooth is disabled”.
When I turn the switch off/on, it’s working again. I think it changed somewhere around the end of March.
Is somebody else experiencing this? Or is this something you’re already aware of?
I’m on the latest nightly (04/09).
Thanks!

Since update to nightly_20200408 my Odroid-N2 doesn’t boot anymore. It hangs with a permanent blue LED.
I found out, that are some changes in boot.ini. And when I change the first row in the boot.ini
from original:
ODROID-UBOOT-CONFIG
to
ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG

my Odroid-N2 will boot properly.
Is that an issue only for me as an Odroid-N2 user or is that a general issue?

Paul

Did you boot with petitboot?

The problem with doing what you did will only be erased again on the next update so we need to get to the bottom of this for you.

1 Like

No, I didn’t boot with petitboot.
I boot directly from sd-card and it worked until nightly_20200407.

In changelog for nightly_20200408 are this comments:
5f73869646: Mon Mar 23 07:55:53 2020 +0100 - u-boot-Odroid_C4: add package (Portisch)
f9f74b3b18: Mon Mar 23 07:54:30 2020 +0100 - u-boot-Odroid_N2: bump to dde2b5a8 (Portisch)

And this was for me the reason to look into boot.ini and I compared with an older boot.ini and found the differences in the first row. And with the changes of the first row to the older version I could boot without issues.

After the first update to version nightly_20200408 and with the issue of no booting I made a fresh install, but with the same result of a nonbooting Odroid-N2.

Can you give the output of cat /proc/device-tree/coreelec-dt-id

It looks like the bootloader didn’t update and the only way this would usually happen is if you have done an SPI boot, do you have an eMMC attached also?

I’ve made a fresh install of nightly_20200408 and today also with nightly_20200409, always the same issue.

here are the output of: cat /proc/device-tree/coreelec-dt-id
g12b_s922x_odroid_n2

I have additionally an eMMC installed with the stable version of CoreElec_9.2.1.
The nightly version of CoreElec are installed of a SD-card.

That’s your problem then, it’s because you have stable on the eMMC that is causing this issue as the old bootloader will be loaded first.

The SoC will load the BL from eMMC before SD.

@anon88919003,
You’re right! :grinning:
The issue is gone if I removed the eMMC and boot only with th SD-card. and with original boot.ini.

Okay, I will change my installation and use the eMMC for the nightly-versions and the SD-card as fallback with the stable-version. :wink:

Thanks for your help and have a good day.
Stay healthy!