Nightly builds (NEW)

sorry, i mean coreelec

edit: was reading the last days in libreelec forum to see the progress regarding mainline kernel, guess thats the reason why i had libreelec in my mind when writing that

I take that you are in part referring to your earlier post regarding the same issue back in February?

I think more information is required about the type of file you are playing (posting a sample may be useful) and looking at posts regarding this particular type of error elsewhere on the net has indicated potential network or buffering issues, so knowing the source of the files (local, network etc) might be of use.

Provide more information. So far I can’t even tell if it’s Amlogic or Amlogic-ng.

I have the feeling some users having troubles with network, bad encoded files etc. but they want to fix it in software.

CE is very stable, I watch videos every day in my living room using Odroid N2, my wife is watching videos every day in sleeping room using S905X box.
Files are stored on my NAS, connect with gbit network.

I believe some of Your video files are bad encoded

4 Likes

@Tim_Taylor have the feeling people respond to something and do not even read the posting but answer stuff that is totally unrelated or is already answered.

to answer a few things: this file was playing a couple of month before perfectly fine (iirc i watched that movie last december, no problems at all).
that file, as noted in the log, is from a usb drive - no network involved at all!
that file also plays perfectly fine on my laptop and on my desktop with vlc.

@Ray its an odroid n2, so its ng. if you tell me what information exactly you need (and best would be how to provide it), i can give it to you.

Sorry if you feel that way but the info provided so far was not enough and going ahead claiming there is no answer from devs is a bit far stretched. We need more. Are you still with the same build as months ago?

no, i updated. i drive the latest nightly in hope that those things are getting fixed… somehow, in some time.

i thought i go with the nightly to report bugs. but when i report them and they are ignored, i stop reporting them, because that makes no sense to me.

i report a lot of bugs for fedora, intellij etc. - but there i am used to have some kind of bug tracking, not a forum like this. but thats another topic…

We track a lot of issues in one thread. Things get lost. But still we need more info. The fact that you updated we need to know the entrance point of the issues.

What is the size of this ‘Hell.or.High.Water.2016.German.EAC3D.DL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.HDR.Dolby.Vision.HEVC.Remux-NIMA4K.mp4’ file?

Around 62Gb?

A sample (few mb) would be good to reproduce here.

@Component:
63.8G

@Ray
I will try to provide those

can anyone recommend a tool to provide that sample?

Best would to to cut the file after a few megabytes.
In linux I would use dd.

This is excellent, free and quick.

dd if=Hell.or.High.Water.2016.German.EAC3D.DL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.HDR.Dolby.Vision.HEVC.Remux-NI
MA4K.mp4 of=Hell.or.High.Water.2016.German.EAC3D.DL.2160p.UHD.BluRay.HDR.Dolby.Vision.HEVC.Remux-NIMA4K.sample.mp4 bs=5M count=1

nightly_20200702 on an Odroid N2 has a problem with resolution.ini

If I change Kodi’s GUI to 2160p when I next reboot the box it hangs at the CoreELEC logo.

If I then SSH into the box and quickly delete resolution.ini and reboot before it gets rewritten then the box boots fine in 1080p mode.

However if I then change Kodi’s GUI to 2160p, next reboot the box hangs again and I have to go through the whole process of deleting resolution.ini again to get it to reboot.

journalctl -l --no-pager
http://ix.io/2qPL

Looks like a error in resolution.ini.
Until it’s solved you can override automatic display detection by enable this in config.ini:

Then it should work as before.

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

About hdmi mode setting in config.ini:
I run 9.2.3 on a N2.
Initial install was 9.2.2, then some nightlies, then 9.2.3 stable.
From my /flash/config.ini the “hdmi mode” section is missing.
I did check the 9.2.3 image, and the newer config.ini indeed has that section.
Maybe the file was not updated on latest update?
Is it a known issue?
I suppose it is safe to just replace the file with the newer one, or manually edit/add the missing sections?
Or should I re-update or re-install?
Thanks.

The config.ini doesn’t get updated after install, it also doesn’t do anything until edited by the user so it’s default contents are more documentation of what you could add to the file, then specific sections.

If you just add the following to the end of the file it will have the same effect as if you uncommented the the line pointed to above.

hdmimode='1080p60hz'