Nightly builds (NEW)

Just trying with latest nightly clean but will use my old kodi settings.
Will let you know in few hours.

No, without old data first! It doesnā€™t make sense if you make a clean install, restore a old bad backup and the error happen again. First just with clean install and than step by step restore data and try again.

Iā€™m trying first with restored backup - I donā€™t have any add-ons installed just one skin. But if that will fail i will try clean again but it looks like it is ok.

Same thing after todayā€™s update - straight away the same problem as yesterday. Will try clean install and will be back tomorrow.

I guess your hardware is broken.

It was used but i hope it is ok.
But the odd thing was that cpu usage went to 80%. Itā€™s running from nand so could be that nand is damaged.

Trying now with fresh nightly, no add-ons etc, just cec modified.

I remember there were some nand tool added - can i check with it flash(nand) memory?

@loki7777 I just had the same ā€œissueā€. It happens when you setup the device on a TV with audio capabilities. When you than move the CE device to a TV without audio capabilities like me to a DVI monitor this errors show up in kodi.log.

Remove guisettings.xml in the kodi userdata folder and reboot. After the reboot you need to setup kodi GUI again, but the error is gone.

Will try nightly again as for now just staid on rc1 without any issues. I didnā€™t change anything in my tv/avr settings for a long while;)

Can I just ask, what is with the weird countdown going on recent nightlies during boot?

Iā€™ve noticed it flashing and counting down from 13 or soā€¦not something Iā€™ve seen until recently. And the boot is definitely slower enough that my wife/kids have been noticingā€¦

(and apologies if I have missed some notes about this somewhereā€¦)

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Make a picture.

Ok, I wasnā€™t really asking for support as such as I figured this was something deliberately added, and was just curious. But if itā€™s not a deliberate new thing / something youā€™re testing, then it is really quite odd.

System is a 4GB ODroid N2+ running the 19.5rc1 nightlies

dmesg|paste: http://ix.io/3X0Y

This is pre-Kodi in the cycle, but jsut in case, Kodi log: Dropbox - kodi.log - Simplify your life

And hereā€™s a video of the new behaviour - a weird flashy countdown in the top left corner that takes about 20 seconds:

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this.

I see it too, the flashing digits and the boot time on the CoreElec splash has at least doubled.

N2+ after updating to latest petitboot and then on the last two 19.5 nightlys, including 20220505.

Rebooted a couple of times and it persists.

It isnā€™t the end of the world, but it is peculiar!

Yep definitely odd if it is not expectedā€¦

I have only ever used an eMMC writer so I donā€™t think Petitboot is related (or even used) with my install (honestly I am not really sure what Petitboot is/does though?!)

And agree, not the end of the world, but the normal super fast boot is an appreciated part of my CE experienceā€¦

Can you edit file /flash/config.ini and add coreelec line at the end? This will disable splash image and show you full text on TV.

mount -o remount,rw /flash
vi /flash/config.ini
# add coreelec='nosplash'

Ok, it says

'Warning, your device tree is out of date. Please update it to resume normal startupā€¦"

Then the countdown.

I see this in my device trees folder:

ā€¦seems up to date to me?

Try to again update with last nightly version and check if this message is still present on next reboots.

Done (i.e. installed this latest nightly over itself) - this is the 05/05 nightly - thereā€™s nothing newer right?
Have tried several reboots, persists.

What you get if you run this command in ssh terminal?

sh /usr/bin/dtname