Nightly builds (NEW)

We hope so!

1 Like

Does that mean that the latest s905 nightly brings the new kernel you the table,and if so, what would the advantages be specifically for this CPU?

Development is in a separate development branch not the nightlies. You could volunteer to help with testing.
the benefits will not be very obvious to the end user at least initially, but it will greatly simplify the maintainers job and will eliminate corner cases with old 3.14 code.

Shoog

2 Likes

Thank you, It’s work

I’d like that. I own a KII pro, if you need anything.

unfortunately, that doesn’t work 4 me. WOL is back, but now I have Audio stutter and sometimes very slow audio speed … going back to 9.2.1

Power off, suspend and resume doesn’t work for me on the N2.

The Bluetooth mouse works well, but the Bluetooth remote doesn’t work.
P.S. But in Android Bluetooth remote works.

Some feedback - I compiled an image based on the “amlogic-ng-on-gxl” branch as of 1/1/2020 and tried it on my Nexbox A95x S905x (2+8Gb), using gxl_p212_2g_generic.dtb.
Boots fine and basic GUI operation seems very good. Wifi does not appear to work. In fact there is no wireless setting option available in the Coreelec settings panel. SSH did not work using Ethernet either. Although most media files play well, there were a couple of stutters and one hevc file caused a restart.
Generally it looks very promising, maybe only a patch or two away from being acceptable.

my x96max plus(s905x3) is still not work bluetooth at 0102nightly

There is a changelog that advises updated changes.

Changelog (20200102)
7335dc0a6f: Thu Jan 2 20:41:00 2020 +0100 – inject_bl301: bump to 2313a5b8fc add GXL/GXM bootloader support (Portisch)
923e1e38d7: Thu Jan 2 02:36:53 2020 +0000 – remote-toggle: read device tree directly instead of via procfs (adamg)

If you’re in a hurry for Bluetooth using this hardware buy a cheap blutooth Dongle.

I enabled Bluetooth but also show “No Bluetooth adapter found”. So how did you make Bluetooth mouse worked? Thanks very much.

Yeah that’s the broken USB3 behavior from what I’ve seen. The parkmode disable patch should fix that and have the same behavior as 9.2.1 once its reapplied to the nightly kernel.

The patch from odroid that was in 9.2.1 is different but has the same result: https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/commit/ac1b16e0062635bf44a276dc7ec42a2ee102590f#diff-e65ff793053dd9be3e83113a2380a6fc

@Forest the X96 boxes use many different WiFi/BT chips, it works on some and not on others because of this.

If it doesn’t work on yours it’s because we don’t have the driver in our builds yet.

There are two type of BT hardwares: Fn-link 6222B-SRB and Fn-link 6222B-SRC. The difference is just “one letter” (B vs C), but this causes difference behaviours on CE.
The BT keyboard and mouse works fine with SRB chip, but the BT sound is problematic.
The BT doesn’t work at all with SRC chip. I have this version and also I am waiting for a working solution…

1 Like

sad story :worried:

1 Like

Confirmation: The S905X3 X96 Max_Plus 2, bluetooth does not work. ( I switch it on and off, sometimes it affects Wi-Fi Disconnect )
But the point is:
X96 Max_Plus 2: Bluetooth Adapter Not Found.
It doesn’t work for me either.

work: wifi, wired lan, vfd, remote
not work: bluetooth ( Fn-link 6222B-SRC )

In config.ini is possibility hdmi_cec=‘0’.
In a stable version, this option works.
This option doesn’t work in the night version.
Is there any reason?

It got changed to be able to enable/disable single functions:

Is this on the radar of any of the CE team?

The old commit from the odroidn2-4.9.y merge, if its of any use: